Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saoir

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2007
Dublin
I find two things about Newsstand sooooo irritating.

On my iPhone 5 I cannot search for specific publications. This is a great thread but when I see one I want I cannot search for it :(

I hate the way EVERY damned publications lists itself as FREE. Yet they are self evidently NOT free.

CobusSteyl

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2013
Free Outdoor Magazine

I have a free outdoor magazine called African Adventures. It is actually free, not "free" like some of the other titels.
The hard copy magazines are currently being distributed in South Africa and is also available in digital format.
Who can help me to get the magazine on the newsstand?
On our website you can read what type of articles are published or page thru the digital copies. http://www.africanadventures.co.za

franqk

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2014
Free subscription mag

Try "Revista DDA" completely free on Ipad. Great popculture, fashion, art, movie, music mag.

VfrPilot916

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2014
Uh..."ATOMIX" is gone

:eek:
You can add Atomix magazine to free mags available everywhere, a video game publication that went free in January.

Thanks for the great list.

ATOMIX is no longer to be found?

Oh, and yea; I know it's an OLD thread.. Maybe those subscribed [to it] will know ?!?

Thanks... In advance

csixty4

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
Somerville, MA
Don't think I saw anyone list it, but Competitor is a free subscription. It's the running magazine you sometimes find free at the gym or your local smoothie shop. It's ad-supported, but so are the big names like Runner's World. Not as much content, but good articles. I thought their Boston Marathon issue this year was particularly good for a free magazine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.