Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

mountain_lion_icon-250x255.jpg
Apple appears to be nearing a public launch for OS X 10.8.5, with MacRumors receiving word that the company has seeded a new prerelease version to employees. The prerelease version arrives as build 12F35, and increment of two builds since the most recent developer seed just over two weeks ago.

According to a source, the build includes final release notes for the update, highlighting fixes for Mail, AFP file transfer performance, screen savers, and Xsan.
-Fixes an issue that may prevent Mail from displaying messages
-Improves AFP file transfer performance over 802.11ac Wi-Fi
-Resolves an issue that may prevent a screen saver from starting automatically
-Improves Xsan reliability
While a prerelease build for Apple employees is frequently indicative of an imminent public launch, it is not always the case. As was seen with OS X 10.8.3 back in early March, Apple issued a prerelease build to employees but then elected to distribute a new developer build roughly a week later with a public release following two days later.

Article Link: Apple Preparing Employees for OS X 10.8.5 Launch with New Prerelease Build 12F35

jamess109

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2012
United Kingdom
Such little amount of bug fixes, soo many developer betas over such a LONG period... seriously it seems they could of included a few new features to the OS in that time then a few fixes that should have been fixed ages ago (apart from the 802.11ac which has just been launched publicly in June).

nilk

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
I hope the Mail.app issue is the same one I've been having (sounds like it, basically messages show up blank unless I open them in a separate window). It's so annoying that I've switched to Airmail for now. Airmail is nice enough, but I still run Mail.app for searches, because I really like the way Mail.app's search works.

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
I hope the Mail.app issue is the same one I've been having (sounds like it, basically messages show up blank unless I open them in a separate window). It's so annoying that I've switched to Airmail for now. Airmail is nice enough, but I still run Mail.app for searches, because I really like the way Mail.app's search works.

I think I have the same bug (in 10.8), I CMD+Q and then restart mail to fix.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
You won't like Mail in 10.9 then. The bug is still there.

tobyw7

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2008
Hitchin/Northampton, UK
I can confirm I'm having the problem with Mail not showing messages after a while.

I'm also having a problem with Mail stripping the signatures from certain addresses when selecting them, even though there is a signature set. Anyone else?

iDuel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Greece/USA
I'm really surprised with the patch notes. Assuming that this is the last version before Mavericks, you'd think that they would be going bugs like crazy.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
I'm really surprised with the patch notes. Assuming that this is the last version before Mavericks, you'd think that they would be going bugs like crazy.

They don't usually bother listing all the bug fixes on the release notes, just the more notable fixes/changes.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Shipping version for the new rMBP? This is what some speculated about a few weeks back.

thomaskc

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
So I thought this was also seeded to developers... but it seems it isn't yet. Very strange that it would go to employees only? Maybe the GM build is just days away and that there is nothing more to test.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.