Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Sonny Dickson has posted a new gallery of nearly 70 photos showing parts allegedly from Apple's upcoming iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C. While many of the parts and even some of the individual photos have been seen previously, the gallery provides a good look at the various parts apparently making their way out of Apple's supply chain.

The photos include rear shells of both new iPhone models at various angles, as well as parts such as screens, flex cables and connectors, and SIM trays. The shots of both phones appear to be consistent with various leaks and reports throughout the past few months, and are claimed to be "direct from sources within Apple's supply chain".

sonnydicksoniphone2.jpg
You're looking at our most extensive iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C part leak yet, with a variety of ribbon cables and components, including the entire intact casings, vibration motor, audio jack, SIM trays, the front and rear cameras, the mounts to attach all of the components to the casing, and more. Nearly everything except the logic board - even the screens!
sonnydicksoniphone1.jpg
The shots notably show the back housing of the alleged "gold" iPhone 5S, which appears to be similar to parts that surfaced yesterday showing a "champagne" color for the back plate along with a white top and bottom. The iPhone 5S pictured appears to have a dual LED flash, something that has been rumored and seen in a leaked prototype. The shots also show the rear shell of a blue iPhone 5C complete with separated parts, all of which is consistent with prior reports and leaks about the phone.

Apple will reportedly unveil the next-generation iPhone on September 10, and will likely unveil not only the iPhone 5S but also the lower-cost plastic iPhone 5C. Both devices are also rumored to launch in the first wave of markets on September 20.

Article Link: Expansive Photo Gallery Highlights Numerous Alleged iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C Parts

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
I'm not a fan of Champagne/White color combination. Hopefully Apple also makes a Champagne/Black version...

heyitsfez

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
Just by looking at the shot of the back with the dual led flash I guess we can assume that most of the current ip5 cases won't fit/will interfere with the new flash, sucks that I'll probably have to get a new case :/

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
Hopefully we'll not see any leaks of the home button/fingerprint sensor, so there's still one surprise left in the keynote..!

---

Errr... is the home button different enough from the iPhone 5 button to suggest a fingerprint sensor is incorporated?

9575530019_f3727abdde.jpg

Last edited:

rotax

macrumors regular
May 17, 2010
What I want to know, more so than most of the common new features touted is, will the CDMA / Verizon version of the phone contain the required dual antennas to support both voice and LTE data like competitor models do, OR, if there will be hardware support for Voice Over LTE - VOLTE that would achieve the same thing. This is my only regret having switched from AT&T. I also would love to now if VOLTE will solve AT&T's dropped call problems and not create any dropped call problems for carriers in general, which is the main reason I switched.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
An iPhone 4-ish two-tone black and champagne would have looked better than white and champagne. I miss the two-tone black option.

VacTacks11

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2009
This is exactly why I sold my iPhone 5 and switched to the HTC One. I'm disappointed by the screen size.

It's not that I think Android is the better OS; it's that the iPhone is just small now. I don't need a screen size like the monstrosity that is the Note 2, but the 4" on the 5 feels cramped when I compare it to the 4.7" on my One. The extra .35" on either size makes a difference, and this is what disappoints me about the iPhone 5S or C or whatever its called.

Apple says they want to give their customers the best one-handed experience, and I get that. And maybe I just have giant hands, but on the One I can reach the top apps without straining my thumbs. I get that not everyone has my sized hands, but my point is the one-handed argument isn't what it was in the past.

It's been a challenge getting my iOS ecosystem ported over to Android, and Android is a hell of a lot less convenient. But here I am, looking at my One, knowing full well that I'm settling for it, but what else can I do? The bigger screen on this phone makes a huge difference. And that's not hyperbole.

Maybe the 6 will have a larger 4.5-4.7" screen. I hope it does. If it does, I'll happily come back.

bnnentertainmen

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2013
is it just me or that black color iphone 5s does have a new and better finishing. i'm a bit worried, why havent we seen any fingerprint scanner leaks (i mean, someone using that feature)

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
This is exactly why I sold my iPhone 5 and switched to the HTC One. I'm disappointed by the screen size.

I am testing a Samsung Galaxy S4 for a month and notice I have to adjust my hand to reach from top to bottom.

It is GREAT for video watching and looking at 16:9 photos though.
*and makes my iPhone 4 feel tiny*

calaverasgrande

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2010
Brooklyn, New York.
geez, how long until we get a Jersey Shore approved Ed Hardy iPhone?
:p
Seriously, I actually prefer that blue iPhone over the "champagne" version.
But then I don't have spinners on my rims, and what rims my car does have involve these old-timey gadgets called "hubcaps".

Millah

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Hopefully we'll not see any leaks of the home button/fingerprint sensor, so there's still one surprise left in the keynote..!

---

Errr... is the home button different enough from the iPhone 5 button to suggest a fingerprint sensor is incorporated?

Yes, did you look at the length of the ribbon cable and the number of pins on the connector at the end? Way longer than the current ribbon cable, even longer than the iPads I believe. And the number of pins on the connector has also increased.

That suggests there's more going on in the home button than previous iPhones, which had a much simpler/shorter cable.

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
Yes, did you look at the length of the ribbon cable and the number of pins on the connector at the end? Way longer than the current ribbon cable, even longer than the iPads I believe. And the number of pins on the connector has also increased.

That suggests there's more going on in the home button than previous iPhones, which had a much simpler/shorter cable.

Yup, you're right...

9578660298_7def7615ba_o.jpg

blue22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2010
where art thou camera specs...

Where's the alleged camera specs update part in photos??? I'm more interested in that than the new color option. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.