Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
We have yet to see a black back panel leak for the 5C. Personally I think it would be a big mistake to not offer the 5C in black.

cameljockey

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2012
might just be spray painted though

iphone-5c-black-2.jpg

iphone-5c-black-1.jpg

iphone-5c-black-3.jpg

Namji

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
I think it would be a mistake to assume that we have seen all the colors available on the iPhone 5C

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
The Touch and Nano come in slate. I hope the 5C follows suit.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Witha plastic shell, the sky is the limit for colors. I don't see why they wouldn't release black. Then again, I don't see why you would buy lesser hardware in black, a color we have had since the 3G, either. May as well buy new old stock iPhone 5 (unless the 5C REALLY is incredibly inexpensive) or just a used unit when "everyone" is dumping theirs. Just my opinion.

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
Probably 5C will be produced with different colors from 5S, so no white, black and gold. IMHO

It's definitely coming in white. The leaks are real and the white model exists.

The slate model is important because currently the slate Touch is the only one with a black front bezel. The other colored Touch's feature a white front bezel. Question remains whether the colored 5C's will feature the same color front bezel or adopt the white front panels like the current Touch.
5C-back-cover+side-keys-ori-new-02.jpg

Mgiuly

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2013
Italy
It's definitely coming in white. The leaks are real and the white model exists.

The slate model is important because currently the slate Touch is the only one with a black front bezel. The other colored Touch's feature a white front bezel. Question remains whether the colored 5C's will feature the same color front bezel or adopt the white front panels like the current Touch.
Right, but Touch is a single family product.
I think it's possible that Apple would drive iPhone family into 5C (colored - for younger) and 5S (classical + gold - for advanced users and business). So colors could be very different between two iphones.
On the supposition that C means Colored and not Cheap... :)

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
Right, but Touch is a single family product.
I think it's possible that Apple would drive iPhone family into 5C (colored - for younger) and 5S (classical + gold - for advanced users and business). So colors could be very different between two iphones.
On the supposition that C means Colored and not Cheap... :)

The white leaked back plate means the 5C is coming in white.

swish2351

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2010
Michigan
Sonny Dickson (VERY reliable source, source for most of our current leaks) has confirmed the only colors for the iPhone 5C will be white, blue, red, yellow and green

nilzi

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2013
I don't believe "no black iPhone 5C" at all, and it is a fact that Apple will not release gold iPhone 5S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.