Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Detrius

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2008
Apex, NC
Where? I went to voice.google.com, and there was no option to call a number, only SMS. My friend, an avid Google fan, told me to go there. Then he said that it's actually not there and only on gmail.com.

You should read the post to which you responded for an answer to your question.

----------

Me too! I'm no longer waiting 20 seconds on my iPad 3 for it to respond to tapping on a picture.

Looks like it only took an hour to get back to being slow. Bummer.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Where? I went to voice.google.com, and there was no option to call a number, only SMS. My friend, an avid Google fan, told me to go there. Then he said that it's actually not there and only on gmail.com.
Yeah, you can make and receive (VoIP) calls through your Google Voice number while in Gmail. And you can download a few iOS apps mentioned before that will allow you to make and receive (VoIP) calls via your Google Voice number as well.

That said, that's fairly unrelated to this particular article and its title though.

Fatalbert

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2013
Yeah, you can make and receive (VoIP) calls through your Google Voice number while in Gmail. And you can download a few iOS apps mentioned before that will allow you to make and receive (VoIP) calls via your Google Voice number as well.

That said, that's fairly unrelated to this particular article and its title though.

I meant the title "Google Voice". The actual Google Voice page doesn't let you make calls; all I'm saying is that it's really weird that they arranged it like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.