Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
I am in the process of downloading iOS 6.1.3 onto my iPad. Here's what I did.

1) I made sure that only the USB portion of the cable was plugged in.
2) I turned off the iPad.
3) While holding the Home button, I reconnected my iPad to the computer.
4) At this point, iTunes told me the iPad was in recovery mode and needed to be restored. When I clicked "Restore and Update," I saw a window that displayed stuff pertaining to iOS 6.1.3. I agreed to the terms and conditions, and now iTunes is downloading iOS 6.1.3.

Word of caution: Your iOS7 backup may mess up the iPad, but if it does, you can always restore as new. The important thing is you now have iOS 6.1.3 on your iPad, and you got the install file from someone you know you can trust to provide a malware-free install file.

Suspended
Apr 4, 2009

4) At this point, iTunes told me the iPad was in recovery mode and needed to be restored. When I clicked "Restore and Update," I saw a window that displayed stuff pertaining to iOS 6.1.3. I agreed to the terms and conditions, and now iTunes is downloading iOS 6.1.3.

Word of caution: Your iOS7 backup may mess up the iPad, but if it does, you can always restore as new. The important thing is you now have iOS 6.1.3 on your iPad, and you got the install file from someone you know you can trust to provide a malware-free install file.

Malware-free IPSW? This isn't Android we are talking about..

vinitmenon

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2013
Canada

i dont think you need to go to dfu mode either. just plug in your ipad or iphone and option click on update and select your 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 in case of your iphone and you should be good. just take care of putting your newsstand outside on home screen and not in any folder.

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
i dont think you need to go to dfu mode either. just plug in your ipad or iphone and option click on update and select your 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 in case of your iphone and you should be good. just take care of putting your newsstand outside on home screen and not in any folder.

1) This! ^

2) Set up as new iPhone/iPad/iPod.

3) Then restore from backup...

I don't know if any apps are actually updated to work only on iOS 7, so they should be fine, but, you may have an app or two it can't install, then you can just go to app store....

I used to be scared, when restoring an iphone, to "set up as a new phone" because I was afraid my backup with my photos, texts, settings and such would be lost, but, they are not lost, as long as you did a sync/backup just before you do this.

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
Well, I thought I failed, because the iOS7 beta I installed still showed up on my iPad. But after repeating the process, sans waiting for the firmware to download, iOS 6.1.3 is back on my iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.