Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bgro

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
I've noticed that in iOS7, my calendar notifications only appear in the "All" tab on the day of the event (appears when the notification is set i.e. 15 minutes before, 9am day of, etc).

In iOS6, the calendar event would appear in Notification Center the prior day. So basically it looks like Apple removed the events from showing up in N.C. the day before the event is scheduled. I'm guessing this is because they added the "Tomorrow" notification in the "Today" tab?

Is anyone else's working differently? I really like the old way better as it was nice to see what events I had scheduled the next day. Between this and removing the split view (month/agenda) from the calendar app, Apple has really screwed up imho. iOS 7 is overall a great upgrade but why take away useful functionality like this?

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
I've noticed that in iOS7, my calendar notifications only appear in the "All" tab on the day of the event (appears when the notification is set i.e. 15 minutes before, 9am day of, etc).

In iOS6, the calendar event would appear in Notification Center the prior day. So basically it looks like Apple removed the events from showing up in N.C. the day before the event is scheduled. I'm guessing this is because they added the "Tomorrow" notification in the "Today" tab?

Is anyone else's working differently? I really like the old way better as it was nice to see what events I had scheduled the next day. Between this and removing the split view (month/agenda) from the calendar app, Apple has really screwed up imho. iOS 7 is overall a great upgrade but why take away useful functionality like this?

If you scroll all the way down on "Today" in notifications it should show you tomorrow's events or that you have none scheduled...if not, go to settings>notification center> under "Today View" turn on "Tomorrow Summary". That's it. Events are listed on the "Today" tab. Event alerts will show in All/Missed. You can schedule individual events to give you an alert the day before, just as in previous iOS. Also see settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars> Default Alert Times to set up the defaults for auto-sync'd events. (these show in "All" & "Missed" tabs)

I prefer tomorrow's events in the "Today" tab, I always hated having birthdays & tomorrow events in my notifications, try to delete and they stay there. This is a better way of organizing notifications...one of the many improvements IMO.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yeah, "All" (like "Missed") is really used for just notifications now and not general information which is now available in a somewhat different format in the "Today" tab.

----------

If you scroll all the way down on "Today" in notifications it should show you tomorrow's events or that you have none scheduled...if not, go to settings>notification center> under "Today View" turn on "Tomorrow Summary". That's it. Events are listed on the "Today" tab. Event alerts will show in All/Missed. You can schedule individual events to give you an alert the day before, just as in previous iOS. Also see settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars> Default Alert Times to set up the defaults for auto-sync'd events. (these show in "All" & "Missed" tabs)

I prefer tomorrow's events in the "Today" tab, I always hated having birthdays & tomorrow events in my notifications, try to delete and they stay there. This is a better way of organizing notifications...one of the many improvements IMO.
One of the big downsides with the way it's done so far thing is that for tomorrow summary it just has a sentence or two about tomorrow without actually showing most of the actual events or any real details, and you can't even seem to tap on it to go to the calendar for tomorrow to get a better view either (at least that would be a useful improvement and somewhat of an alternative to getting some more information).

In fact, short of tapping on an actual event that would appear in the "Today" tab (meaning in the next few hours) you can't even seem to have anything take you to your calendar from there to get a better view of your day. That's a rather strange and sad thing to not be available.

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
In fact, short of tapping on an actual event that would appear in the "Today" tab (meaning in the next few hours) you can't even seem to have anything take you to your calendar from there to get a better view of your day. That's a rather strange and sad thing to not be available.

It seems like notification center goes through changes each beta, I'm guessing they will add the ability to tap on it and go to your calendar app on that day or take you to that event.

In any case, if you go to the calendar app, click on the search icon (magnifying glass) at top, you get a list of events starting at today (or currently selected day), and you can scroll through this list, so far, if I click on an event it takes me to that event page, birthday takes me to that person's contact info.
IMG_2416edit_zpsb7c4f297.jpg

bgro

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
Yeah, "All" (like "Missed") is really used for just notifications now and not general information which is now available in a somewhat different format in the "Today" tab.

----------

One of the big downsides with the way it's done so far thing is that for tomorrow summary it just has a sentence or two about tomorrow without actually showing most of the actual events or any real details, and you can't even seem to tap on it to go to the calendar for tomorrow to get a better view either (at least that would be a useful improvement and somewhat of an alternative to getting some more information).

Yeah I basically figured that the "All" tab was strictly for notifications now. I guess I can set the default notification to occur 1 day before all my events and it will then show on the "All" tab 24hours prior to the start of the event. The only problem is that if I clear the notifications they will disappear. I really like the iOS6 way better.

REally not happy at all with Apple's changes to the Calendar and calendar notifications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.