Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spin498

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2010
I move around
If I was a certified paranoid, I'd be thinking that Apple has somehow prgrammed Safari to reject 3rd party app web sites. Over the course of the last weekend I've tried to access some 3rd party sites, the most recent I remember was a site that offered software to load Linux onto an iPod. I got the old Safari can't find the server message. I wasn't really paying attention and can't give specifics about the other sites, but ran into this message several times this past weekend. What caused the 'light bulb' to come on was my attempt to download Chrome. A 52 Mb, that's MB download has been running for 15 mins now and claims it's going to take another 2 hrs. to finish. I've just run SpeedTest.net's test and my download speeds are reported as good.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or am I the only one left still running Safari?

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Nuts. Do you really think that Apple maintains a database of iOS jailbreaking sites that it programs into Safari? Or do you think that Apple maintains a server farm that Safari calls home to before visiting each new site?

Which brand of tin foil do you use to cover your head?

ghellquist

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2011
Stockholm Sweden
No problems here.

My guess is that there is a firewall somewhere -- if you are calling from inside a Corporate net that would be an explanation. You internet service provider might also be a culprit.

Additionally, the site might be temporarily down from whatever reason.

// Gunnar

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.