Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mohammed-eg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
i want your opinion on that i am really serious about not upgrading to ios 7 as i found IOS 6 is more perfect and beauty and simple and response i don't know am i unfair on that :confused:

glitch82

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2010
Bradenton, FL
Well having been using iOS 7 for a couple of months now I have to say it's really gorgeous. It's loaded with eye candy, and in my opinion it's a wonderful evolution and welcome departure to Apple's old OSes that are centered around skeumorphic design. iOS 7's beauty is in its simplicity. Old skeumorphic elements like wood and metal are done with and give way to new design that takes up the whole screen comfortably and allows you to work without any gimmicks.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
It looks good, with the right background.
ios6_ios7_home_screens.jpg

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
i want your opinion on that i am really serious about not upgrading to ios 7 as i found IOS 6 is more perfect and beauty and simple and response i don't know am i unfair on that :confused:

Overall the response to the look of iOS 7 appears to be positive; of course, there are still many people who prefer iOS 6. I actually prefer to look of iOS 6, but only margionally and I'm looking forward to iOS 7's official release because of the added features and improvments to Siri and Safari. Regardless, you can opt not to upgrade to iOS 7.

mohammed-eg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
that's a complete opposite experience may be it's slow as i made upgrade not clean install as i don't have developer UDID is clean install that different from upgrade but one thing i am sure about is beauty and details

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA

You are entitled to your opinion just so long as you remember it is merely your opinion and you refrain from the nasty games some folks around here play of calling those with differing opinions stupid etc.

Eventually you will have to upgrade because Apple will force developers to drop earlier version support. Or it will be forced on you with new hardware. But until then, if you are happy with iOS 6 have at it. I would suggest that before iOS 7 becomes the official release you do a clean install of iOS 6 on your devices because once 7 is out any iTunes restores will want to upgrade you and you can't refuse that bit. Wait until the last possible moment. Then do only the on board erase all if you need to clean out any crap in your software (that doesn't force an update), never forget your passcode lock etc. And perhaps dig around some of the jailbreak groups to find out if there is a way to block iTunes checking for updates. Blocking something in the host files perhaps

----------

that's a complete opposite experience may be it's slow as i made upgrade not clean install as i don't have developer UDID is clean install that different from upgrade but one thing i am sure about is beauty and details

That would be a factor. Any crap in your iOS 6 software could and likely would screw with iOS 7.

That said I did notice one big bug and I clean install all the betas. Beta 6 screwed up the whole video in the cloud. I'm hoping they will release even a small beta 7 to fix that as it's a major promoted feature. Perhaps even add a show all toggle/button in the app. Would be good for folks to know and be able to talk about this being right before the launch as it's one of the few big features that doesn't require having an outside app.

mohammed-eg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
may be in 10-9 we will see miracle that apple will let us use ios 6 as an option and i don't know may be apps will run in IOS 6 and 7 :D

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
Being using the iOS 7 betas and the only things that bother me is the ugly dock and the bar signals. besides that i love iOS 7. Never going back to iOS 6.

HussamRaed

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2011
Apple has been perfecting the same iOS for 6 years now. And so, it's perfectly normal to say that it has grown on people, we love it the way it is, because we know it just works. But there is nothing wrong with change, you might not like it at first because it might be unfamiliar or somewhat "new", but it will grow on you, eventually, just like the old iOS did.

I personally think that Apple did a pretty good job, and I truly believe that this is the right path for the foreseeable future of iOS.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Everyone's opinion is different on something subjective like looks of something...and one person's opinion has no relation to another's. Someone might like it, someone might hate it, but it doesn't mean one or the other is right or wrong, or that it's really better or worse in general. That's pretty much all there's to it.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's side by sides like this that made me realise iOS6 is actually really dark, grey and old. iOS7, though it still needs a bit of tweaking, is a breath of fresh air. I for one, cannot wait! :D
Dark, grey, and old doesn't make it bad or even worse though. Not everyone likes overuse of bright white across the OS or oversaturated colors. And the fact that it's old simply means we've been using it for some time, but that's all, it in no way speaks to it being bad or anything of the sort.

Osullivan1

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2011
London
Re. the icons, I seriously think Apple will change at least a couple of them in the GM.

Some just don't make sense (Why are the bubbles for Game Center shiny? Why does Settings look like its ready to chew my finger off?), and some just look crap (Camera, Voice Memos, Newsstand - I'm looking at you).

Then again, others (music, iTunes Store, Messages/Phone/FT and many more) look awesome and don't need changing.

Only two weeks 'til we find out...

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
I'm currently running ios7 on my 4s, and it has been pretty good. It isn't faster then ios6 but not slower either. I definitely like ios7 more than ios6. You will too.

haydn!

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
UK
Dark, grey, and old doesn't make it bad or even worse though. Not everyone likes overuse of bright white across the OS or oversaturated colors. And the fact that it's old simply means we've been using it for some time, but that's all, it in no way speaks to it being bad or anything of the sort.

Forgive me, but I don't recall typing a bit that said everyone had to like it or that iOS6 was bad - I've loved it for the last 12 months. I was simply pointing out though, that in my opinion, iOS6 now looks old and dated next to iOS7. I'm not imposing that opinion on anyone, simply stating it. You're of course free to disagree with it, as I am yours.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Forgive me, but I don't recall typing a bit that said everyone had to like it or that iOS6 was bad - I've loved it for the last 12 months. I was simply pointing out though, that in my opinion, iOS6 now looks old and dated next to iOS7. I'm not imposing that opinion on anyone, simply stating it. You're of course free to disagree with it, as I am yours.
Sure, that's fine. I guess the bigger part of what I was trying to say that old and dated doesn't actually imply bad or even worse in some way. A lot of people seem to have that connotation when it comes to those words, but that's not exactly what they mean really.

Now, if that was to say that you were just kind of tired of it and simply wanted something new (more or less for the sake of it being new and not much more), then I guess that's a reason perhaps (although you can end up with something bad or worse when simply looking for something simply new for the sake of being new).

mohammed-eg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
I want to say something about multi tasking although it's more pretty but also more slow do you think that apps is not optimized enough now to work with it or just the limit of ram in 4s make this lags in multi tasking as i notice in ios 6 that it keeps more apps in background than ios 7

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
There is a great deal of misinformation here. Your favorite apps have stopped receiving updates for iOS 6. There will be 70% adoption of iOS 7 by October and developers will be focusing on their iOS 7 ready apps.

I've never really respected people that stay behind for any reason except software unlock compatibility. You're one in a multimillion and Apple isn't going to change anything when they see your stubbornly using iOS 6.

There are many other devices on the market. Maybe try a Nokia or Moto X.

Furthermore, you aren't running a vanilla experience of iOS 7 AND are running a beta on a 4S. None of this can be utilized to express an opinion of iOS 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.