Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JayBuchanan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2013
Has anyone else noticed the iCloud calendar is set to fetch and not push? I have also noticed this with Reminder app as well. Really wish these two native apps we're push and not fetch.

I have also noticed my iPhone background app refresh only has stocks and weathers as compared to my iPad Mini background app refresh has Reminders, magazine apps (which don't auto update) and a few other things.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 142

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Might be something with your setup, my iCloud calendar is listed under the iCloud account, along with Mail, Contacts, etc., and that whole account is set for push.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
I have my email, calendar and contacts set to sync from Google. Under iOS6 all three would push but since iOS7 i can only have Mail sent to Push as it stands. Calendar and contacts are set up to use the CalDAV and CardDAV processes but i only have the option to set them as Fetch or Manual, no push option, when you look under "Mail, Contacts, Calendars".

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
Might be something with your setup, my iCloud calendar is listed under the iCloud account, along with Mail, Contacts, etc., and that whole account is set for push.

Click on the "Fetch New Data - Push" below ACCOUNTS ... and on next screen you will see the iCloud Calendar as FETCH seperated from Mail/Contacts as PUSH

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Click on the "Fetch New Data - Push" below ACCOUNTS ... and on next screen you will see the iCloud Calendar as FETCH seperated from Mail/Contacts as PUSH
Right, that's what I did, and my iCloud calendar isn't separated from the rest of iCloud stuff, it's still there together with other iCloud items listed as "Contacts, Calendars and 6 more..." under a single iCloud entry that is set for push.

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
Right, that's what I did, and my iCloud calendar isn't separated from the rest of iCloud stuff, it's still there together with Mail, Contacts, etc. under a single iCloud entry that is set for push.

Interesting ... now what would be the criteria for them to split this based on accounts :p

I had added a web subscribed calendar to iCloud some time back and then removed later, i guess that could be one reason ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.