Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
Here's another look at the champagne that I made-
13604970.jpg

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
When I first saw it, it looked like the bright gold used as bling by nouveau riche--tacky and tasteless.
The champagne looks a lot more restrained, but it'd still be my last choice for color.

It's amazing how attitudes change on here. When it was reported that apple may come out with a gold iphone everybody hated the idea with the exception of a few. (I liked it from the first rendering). Now a lot of people is for the new color. #crazy

R.Stoychev

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2012
I would love the see silver and black combo, black iphone with the silver like the white 5 will be great ! :D

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
It's amazing how attitudes change on here. When it was reported that apple may come out with a gold iphone everybody hated the idea with the exception of a few. (I liked it from the first rendering). Now a lot of people is for the new color. #crazy

I was one of those people who hated the first few gold renderings. And now I kinda like the new ones. And although these new ones look nice, they are all still just renderings. I have confidence that whatever color apple chooses will look sweet. But I'll reserve my final judgement for the 10th. And if it looks good enough, I may just switch it up. I've had every iPhone, and they've all been black. I'm due for a change. But I just can't do white.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
I was one of those people who hated the first few gold renderings. And now I kinda like the new ones. And although these new ones look nice, they are all still just renderings. I have confidence that whatever color apple chooses will look sweet. But I'll reserve my final judgement for the 10th. And if it looks good enough, I may just switch it up. I've had every iPhone, and they've all been black. I'm due for a change. But I just can't do white.

I agree completely. Also, this champagne color isn't the gold that we were told about, it's definitely a better shade of metallic.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
Alas, I was right. Looks like there will be another dark color schemed iPhone 5S.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida

GOLD color originally shown...Nope, but the newer release Champagne color..Yes. It has a rich appeal to some including me, but I will not pass judgement until its released and hands on. :) :apple:

rjkgr

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2013
i could not get white so it would be between gold/ champagne and black... noting i have black for the iphone 4, 4s, and 5 lol prolly will pick black

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.