Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was reading TechRadar and they've posted an article citing pictures of a supposed gunmetal iPhone 5S SIM tray.

The link to the pictures is here: http://weekly.ascii.jp/elem/000/000/165/165902/

I have a few theories to what this could be (order of likelihood):

1. These are fake, although they are from the same site showing the gold 5S parts.

2. These are actually just slate iPhone parts.

3. This replaces the slate iPhone and perhaps the anodising is more resistant.

4. This is a new colour.

I'm very sceptical though, as I can't see Apple releasing a black iPhone and a gunmetal one.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 201

swish2351

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2010
Michigan
I don't think this is real considering we have not seen any leaks like this, but we've seen countless gold ones. I think this is just for the slate model, or an aftermarket fake product

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
What's with obsession in color. Black or white has worked very well for so long.

Choice is always good. Sure, these colours might not be radical, but they provide more options for the consumer. I for one cannot wait to see the new champagne/graphite iPhones.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
What's with obsession in color. Black or white has worked very well for so long.

Funny. Apple had it's best momentum when they only offered black. Android was still being laughed at and the iPhone had total domination. Do people really care more about the color vs features? Especially when many people buy cases for their phones to protect the metal from ugly scratches. At the end of the day you can make the iPhone any color you want with a protective case.
More emphasis should be placed on features; not color.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Choice is always good. Sure, these colours might not be radical, but they provide more options for the consumer. I for one cannot wait to see the new champagne/graphite iPhones.

True, but...

Funny. Apple had it's best momentum when they only offered black. Android was still being laughed at and the iPhone had total domination. Do people really care more about the color vs features? Especially when many people buy cases for their phones to protect the metal from ugly scratches. At the end of the day you can make the iPhone any color you want with a protective case.
More emphasis should be placed on features; not color.

features make a phone more than the color. Color should be used as a last resort effort to entice customers. The iPhone never has done last ditch efforts, and I don't think Apple is about to start, and if they do, oh boy, there is no Steve comeback this time around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.