Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kabriDWL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2013
Los Angeles
Welcome to this weeks photo contest thread!

Theme: Mundane into Magnificent
Description: Take something for your daily life that seems so 'mundane' and turn into something photographically magnificent. There's great visuals all around us, everyday.

Rules:
You may only submit one photo per contest.

Please do not comment or use voting button on photos until after the judging has taken place.

The contest runs for exactly one week, starting NOW! (see time/date stamp at the start of this thread)

At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's Winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)

The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

Puckman

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
Yorba Linda, CA
I hope this qualifies as "mundane".
I've been trying to photograph the myriad hummingbird activity in my backyard for some time now (Those guys are hard to photograph, given their speed of movement) and ended up with this one, out of maybe 50-60 shots that were either blurry or not captivating enough.

980907_10151818097056558_1893553519_o.jpg

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Welcome to this weeks photo contest thread!

Theme: Mundane into Magnificent
Description: Take something for your daily life that seems so 'mundane' and turn into something photographically magnificent. There's great visuals all around us, everyday.

Rules:
You may only submit one photo per contest.

Please do not comment or use voting button on photos until after the judging has taken place.

The contest runs for exactly one week, starting NOW! (see time/date stamp at the start of this thread)

At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's Winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)

The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

Not wanting to exclude anybody else, but isn't it time to close this contest and do the judging and comments?

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I e-mailed kabriDWL. If he does not respond in another 24 hours, then judging this theme falls to NeGRit0.

Thanks. When I noticed he was a newbie I thought that there may be a chance that he was gone. I in no way expect to win, just appreciate the comments for learning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.