Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
You didn't read my source, did you? It's primarily shoulder meat. But yes, I would call heart muscle meat.

Of course! They taste the same now as they ever have, so why not?

You didn't read my source did you? I would believe my source over wikipedia which can be written by anyone. My source was Yahoo.

76547_v1.jpg

Last edited:

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
It always amazes me what pernickety pedants some people can be.

I don't have a TV so I don't see the advertising. I seldom visit shopping malls and outside them the yellow arches are fairly thin on the ground in the parts I inhabit. I don't care how MacDonaru spell their handle...... their products do not interest me in the slightest.

It interests you enough to have posted about it twice.

----------

Can you seriously eat one now knowing there is bits of pigs hearts in there?

Sure… it’s not as if it’s liver!

Last edited by a moderator:

G51989

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
You didn't read my source did you? I would believe my source over wikipedia which can be written by anyone. My source was Yahoo.

I hate Chains in general, and don't like fast good. But Ill eat it in a pinch.

A McRib doesn't taste very good.

But it's not Unsafe. I don't think McDonalds has ever killed anyone.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
I lived in San Francisco for two years, there I would frequent Chipotle or Freebirds almost daily. I've been trying to cut down on daily fast food runs / eating out. Now, as I am back in Washington, we don't have many chain restaurants. I get a burger from McDonalds about once every couple weeks and that is about it.

G51989

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
Of course I do. I understand not wanting to eat as fast food places like MuckyD's but anyone who refuses to eat at any chain at all is just being snobby for the sake of it.

I don't REFUSE to eat at them, just the vast majority of chains I've been to don't taste so good, and lots of local places can beat them. So I tend to try them first.

The only chain that ever had any product that I liked was that McDonalds McStxereme or whatever it was called salad, it basicly came in a bigass plastic coffee cup with a rounded lid, so you just dumped your balsamic in it, shook it up, and you could sorta drink/chew it while you drove. Shame it went away.

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
All my Cheese comes from Wisconsin, France and Italy :)

You are sadly missing out on the incredible cheeses from Spain, California, Switzerland, upstate New York, the Netherlands, and many other places.

As for the original question: pretty much no, unless I get dragged along by the extended family unwillingly. Still, with the Internet available on one's smartphone, it's not too hard to find much better local restaurants wherever one goes.

I guess the only national chains I would go to these days are Chipotle or In-n-Out Burger, and even then it doesn't happen very often. I can't go to In-n-Out much due to the fact that I live in New York now, through local chain Shake Shack is an excellent stand-in for my monthly hamburger fix.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away

And while your source lists some things that are in a McRib, it doesn't list anything that's NOT in it - like meat. So I'm still waiting for you to back up that claim.

Good thing I'm not holding my breath.

G51989

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
You are sadly missing out on the incredible cheeses from Spain, California, Switzerland, upstate New York, the Netherlands, and many other places.

I should say most, not all. I've toured the Cheese Alps ( as I call them ) In France, been all over the rural areas of Italy, and extensively toured door country in Wisconsin, and I think these three Areas make the best cheese in the world.

Micky Do

macrumors 68020
Aug 31, 2012
a South Pacific island
It always amazes me that one can be one of the most well-known brands in the world, saturating TV advertising, thousands of outlets one can’t help but pass anywhere one goes…

and people still spell it wrong.

We’re lucky people don’t call it Appel - although some people do persist in thinking there’s a product called the iTouch.

Incorrect grammar

and people still spell it wrongly

Last edited:

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Not if you make your own BBQ sauce like I do, which currently has 38 components to it :p And costs almost 70 bucks to make a half gallon :p That typically goes on some of the best ribs money can buy, which I smoke in a very nice smoker ;) I also have a rub that has 17 components to it, as well as a glaze that has 12 components to it.

I also make my own cheese, bacon and sausages and have my own garden where I grow tons of veggies ;).

I also make my own Ketchup. At cheaper to make BBQ sauce, I also make my own honey mustard as well, any jarred mustard or jam or pre made butter I always import from France,

All my Cheese comes from Wisconsin, France and Italy :)

I think it's safe to say that you are a foodie to exponential levels, beyond anyone I have ever known. It's no shocker that you wouldn't like chain restaurants.

I'd hate to be shackled down to that, though. I'm happy that I can be satisfied eating almost anywhere, and that I don't have to import my cheese from remote mountains or create my own $70 BBQ sauce in order to like what I eat. I know several people who are always unhappy when they go out to eat, because nothing satisfies them if it isn't handmade from local organic ingredients. Sorry, but that would suck.

I love good food, just as you do. But I also just like food. Big Mac? Happy. Five Guys burger? Happy. Real burger joint burger? Happy. Handmade local farm grown top shelf burger with imported cheese and $70 BBQ sauce? Happy. Happier, maybe.

I bet your salt comes from the Baltic, too.

No, no. It's hand ground by blind Tibetan monks in a remote village on the side of a mountain in Pakistan then packaged in custom boxes designed by Frank Gehry and made from African Blackwood, then taken by white camel to an airtight cargo ship and paddled across the sea to avoid fumes from gas, where a specially designed helicopter transports it directly to the buyer. Yeah, it costs $48,000 per teaspoon, but it's the best salt you'll ever taste!

rjkgr

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2013
i love eating at chain foods to see the difference service and how food is done and its different 90% of the time haa

CountryBobs

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2013
The only repeat is Subway and Wendy's (love Wendy's chili).

Wendy's takes the hamburgers that don't sell fast enough from the grill, and place them in a metal containter with water. At the end of the day, all those hamburgers are stuck into the refrigerator, and become the next day's chili.

You couldn't pay me enough to eat their chili.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Favorites:

Popeye's: 2 Piece Chicken dinner dark meat with biscuit and side of red beans and rice. Their red beans and rice is delicioso.
Taco Bell: 2 Bean Burritos with mild sauce.
What A Burger: What-A-Burger all the way, no cheese with side of onion rings.
Taco Cabana: 2 egg and brisket breakfast tacos.
Subway: Meatball Sub.
McDonalds: Big Mac on rare occasions.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Wendy's takes the hamburgers that don't sell fast enough from the grill, and place them in a metal containter with water. At the end of the day, all those hamburgers are stuck into the refrigerator, and become the next day's chili.

Yet it is highest ranked in the country and when compared to other chili's in fast food places, best ranked in terms of health by a long margin.

G51989

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA

That's typically how most places do it, tho I am a bit of a foodie *******. Its not unsafe. And I've eaten before, its not bad for 2 dollars.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.

Stop it, you two are seriously making me crave one of those. :)

Frankly, I couldn't care less whether I'm eating at a branch of a massive franchise, or a one-of-a-kind mom and pop restaurant. Furthermore, I don't give the slightest hint of a **** if the food is 100% organic/healthy/whatever, or if it's 100% fat/grease/mish-mash of discarded plant and/or animal material; no, there is only one absolute truth for me and eating out.

If it tastes good and is reasonably priced, I'm eating it. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.