Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
split month/agenda view in the iOS6 app. Apple has decided (so far) to keep that functionality/view out of iOS7.

I couldn't wait, look it is fantastical. I'm ready now to embrace iOS7
tany4era.jpg

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
Agree wholeheartedly with this...

Yes the stock app has scrollable agenda if you click the search icon but many many users constatly used the split month/agenda view in the iOS6 app. Apple has decided (so far) to keep that functionality/view out of iOS7.

I always hated that in previous ios's, you only have a tiny little window of 2 max appoints., scrolling was crappy, I found it useless.

I don't see the big problem with list view...all you have to do is press one icon and it's there...that icon is in every portrait view also, so easy access (you can be looking at year, month, daily, it'll be there), only in landscape weekly view is it missing.

Weekly view (landscape), it would be nice to see all appointments, just the first line & time, and then two-finger swipe to zoom in/out. But, even the way it is, you can see 10am-2pm all week, for instance. (ok, 5 days, not all week).

Fantastical looks like it has more going for it, but, I don't like the look of it.

But, I don't think apple is done with calendar app, I noticed I can't add calendars, I have "Home" based in iCloud and can't find a way to add others. (Maybe this has to do with how I have iCloud set up?) Plus, they've added bits here and there in various betas. So maybe beta 7 or GM will have more to calendar app.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I always hated that in previous ios's, you only have a tiny little window of 2 max appoints., scrolling was crappy, I found it useless.

I don't see the big problem with list view...all you have to do is press one icon and it's there...that icon is in every portrait view also, so easy access (you can be looking at year, month, daily, it'll be there), only in landscape weekly view is it missing.

Weekly view (landscape), it would be nice to see all appointments, just the first line & time, and then two-finger swipe to zoom in/out. But, even the way it is, you can see 10am-2pm all week, for instance. (ok, 5 days, not all week).

Fantastical looks like it has more going for it, but, I don't like the look of it.

But, I don't think apple is done with calendar app, I noticed I can't add calendars, I have "Home" based in iCloud and can't find a way to add others. (Maybe this has to do with how I have iCloud set up?) Plus, they've added bits here and there in various betas. So maybe beta 7 or GM will have more to calendar app.
That little window in monthly view was still at least somewhat useful for some, and on an iPhone 5 with a larger screen you could see a few more events there making it that much more useful (to perhaps even more people).

As for adding calendars, you should be able to do that in Settings under Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
I couldn't wait, look it is fantastical. I'm ready now to embrace iOS7Image

Uh, is that what musio showed us? It doesn't look the same, I like the list view in ios 7 calendar app better than that.

But, I wouldn't buy any app right now, just before GM of iOS 7 is about to come out, which will likely have more changes.

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
That little window in monthly view was still at least somewhat useful for some, and on an iPhone 5 with a larger screen you could see a few more events there making it that much more useful (to perhaps even more people).

I still don't see the big deal, the new list view is soo much better, and calendar is faster to use overall.

I do have iPhone 5, but, I admit, haven't had the type of schedule I used to, so haven't used it enough to notice it has more than 2 lines...still don't like.

I would just say to anyone looking for better calendar, wait for ios7 final release, try it, if not enough, sounds like fantastical and a couple other good app suggestions here. :)

Adding calendars...der, the "edit" button is on top left now, so it is possible :eek:

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
The split window was good to help plan free days/what's going on around as you can see the month around. Now it involves a lot life tapping.

I don't think ios7 will change much now. They've had feedback reports from June Plus every other ios didn't change that much. A possible reason they've done this is so they can sell more apps and make money that way. Whatever it is, it's thoughtless design

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I still don't see the big deal, the new list view is soo much better, and calendar is faster to use overall.

I do have iPhone 5, but, I admit, haven't had the type of schedule I used to, so haven't used it enough to notice it has more than 2 lines...still don't like.

I would just say to anyone looking for better calendar, wait for ios7 final release, try it, if not enough, sounds like fantastical and a couple other good app suggestions here. :)

Adding calendars...der, the "edit" button is on top left now, so it is possible :eek:
The new list view is more or less the agenda view so it's not that new aside from maybe being able to get to it from more places and perhaps being able to search there. The event view in the month view was somewhat different than that and of some somewhat different use to various people.

Crispyds

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2013
I'm having an issue with my calendar events not lining up on top of one another neatly justified to the left. If I have calendar events that butt up against one another sometimes it gives them an entire line and sometimes it says one to the left and then one off to the right. It seems to be random on whether it lines them up or not. Is there a trick that I missing?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 57
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.