Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Pioneer has announced the DDJ-WeGO2, the successor to its entry-level DJ controller for iOS devices. The new DJ controller includes features such as a grip for an iPhone or iPad with a Lightning cable included, as well as bundled copy of Virtual DJ LE and full support for Algoriddim's popular music-mixing app Djay 2. The controller also comes with various jog wheels and a mixing console on the front of the device, as well as multi-color LED illumination and onboard audio.

pioneer_ddj_wego2.jpg
Like its predecessor, the DDJ-WeGO2 offers advanced but easy to use functions and features that make the art of DJing fun and simple including Jog FX, Pulse Control, multi-color LED illumination, Virtual DJ(TM) Limited Edition DJ software for Windows® and Mac, and additional support for other DJ software such as Algoriddim's djay. The DDJ-WeGO2 adds quick connection with iPhone 5 and iPad using only the included Pioneer cable with Lightning connector1, and a Multi-purpose Grip that makes the controller easy to carry as well providing a convenient stand for compatible iOS devices.
The DDJ-WeGO2 will be available in white, black, and red models starting in October for $429.

Article Link: Pioneer Announces 'DDJ-WeGO2' DJ Controller for iOS Devices

Sabenth

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2003
UK
Sorry but did it mention that it would work with older ios devices not everyones got the new connector

djphat2000

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2012
I'm sure the cable is detachable. They would be stupid to limit it to only iPad 4/Mini.

It's not unheard of for them to do so. A friend of mine has a different companies product (Numark). Much less expensive then this, but it only worked with the 30 pin connector and IOS 6 or 5 (can't remember). They had a trade in program for a short while to fix the cable issue (it was fixed), so it would work with the lightning adapter. But, it wasn't run that long, and your pretty screwed if you do it now.

Just have to remember that when you look for something like this. They are made for the time and device. Don't expect much much upgradability and or compatibly with future iOS's and of course connections.

ipadfreak

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2010
There is an error here... The cost of this unit is 329, not 429 according to the website. And I wonder how it gets power if you are using an iPad...

bobdgil

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2006
There is an error here... The cost of this unit is 329, not 429 according to the website. And I wonder how it gets power if you are using an iPad...
Perhaps they are still tweaking the price? It is currently listed as $349. It is powered by USB, so presumably you would plug it into something, like a laptop or the wall.

Just have to remember that when you look for something like this. They are made for the time and device. Don't expect much much upgradability and or compatibly with future iOS's and of course connections.
Not quite the case here. This one works via USB with many devices including Macs and PCs with bundled software. Sure USB may not be around forever, but it's certainly not made for just a specific device.

ipadfreak

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2010
I just watched the video, and I have a huge problem with it now... it does not charge the iPad! Obviously this is meant for just "fooling around" with the ipad at least... I own a DJ business and couldn't see this being more than a backup in case one of my better controllers go mid-gig.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.