Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Just as O2 and Vodafone launch their 4G LTE services in the UK, Everything Everywhere (EE) has released an update to its iOS app, bringing a brand-new user interface and improvements for customers who have enrolled in the company's current 4G LTE plan. EE is the only one of the three largest UK carriers to currently support the iPhone on its LTE network due to incompatibility between the LTE bands supported by the iPhone 5 and the other carriers.

The updated app offers access to plan information and features, including streamlined, itemized views of data, call, and text usage and the ability to add features to an existing plan.

my_ee_app-800x473.jpg
We listened, so besides giving our existing 4GEE plan customers a totally refreshed app, we also built one that would work for our Orange and T-Mobile plan customers too. Once you are signed up and logged in, the app's redesigned homepage gives you all the most important info about your account at a glance. One quick tap can then take you to areas with even more detailed info.
My EE can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: British Carrier EE Updates App for iOS with New Interface, Streamlined Information

NightFox

macrumors 68040
May 10, 2005
Shropshire, UK
Is this even newsworthy? A service provider somewhere in the world updates their rather poor cross-platform, web-based app-for-the-sake-of-it to something with a different UX? Sure, I'm not disputing the use of this type of data, but what's the big deal here - or did I miss the point?

To add to that, many of the reviews seem to suggest it doesn't work anyway and you're still better off just going to the web page - a sad but true fact for all too many web apps.

Oh, and while I'm on my soapbox... "My EE" would like to access your contacts??? I don't think so, thanks very much - X

Last edited:

ggt

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2009
UK
They should concentrate on making the network actually work. EE is terrible since they merged Orange and T-Mobile

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
North of England
They should concentrate on making the network actually work. EE is terrible since they merged Orange and T-Mobile

I've found it to be brilliant. I can't remember the last time I was without signal, and I have a good 3G connection 95% of the time.

I even went on a 10 day field trip to Glen Coe in Scotland (geology student) a few months back and had signal the whole time!

RJCP

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2011
I've found it to be brilliant. I can't remember the last time I was without signal, and I have a good 3G connection 95% of the time.

I even went on a 10 day field trip to Glen Coe in Scotland (geology student) a few months back and had signal the whole time!

Same here. I had horrible connection problems when I was with Orange 3G, not to mention the Bangladesh based customer service which made any last for at least a good 15 mins on the phone until I could actually reach someone who could speak english.

After moving to EE 4G, I haven't experienced any connection problems throughout the country and the customer service is UK based and top notch.

AND, the app works just fine for me. It didn't work for about 20 mins after they released the update (which is the case for most of these things anyway), but it's fine now.

Maysie

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2013
This has to be a sponsored link as the net work (unfortunately my network) is the worst ever, there customer service is lowest of the low!

As for the stream lining the information on billing in the new app. It tells you nothing useful. Last full bill not broken down, you only get the charges over and above the contract, it doesn't show credits owed, no discounts are show and there is no total! I'm surprised there's actually a pound sign!

ggt

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2009
UK
Same here. I had horrible connection problems when I was with Orange 3G, not to mention the Bangladesh based customer service which made any last for at least a good 15 mins on the phone until I could actually reach someone who could speak english.

After moving to EE 4G, I haven't experienced any connection problems throughout the country and the customer service is UK based and top notch.

AND, the app works just fine for me. It didn't work for about 20 mins after they released the update (which is the case for most of these things anyway), but it's fine now.

Sounds like you work for EE :p They told me I had a hardware problem, Apple replaced the phone but the issue persists.

The Genius told me they get no end of EE customers with the same issue. She said they would replace the phone as a good will gesture but it wouldn't fix the issue. And she was correct.

singhjeet29

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
Please Rogers update your decrepit My Rogers app.

It doesn't even have any retina assets, including their logo, let alone support the iPhone 5 res, pathetic!

Look what the EE guys are doing and follow suit

MacFan23

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2010
Sounds like you work for EE :p They told me I had a hardware problem, Apple replaced the phone but the issue persists.

The Genius told me they get no end of EE customers with the same issue. She said they would replace the phone as a good will gesture but it wouldn't fix the issue. And she was correct.

I travel from London to the South West (Devon) regularly and stream over EE 4G all the way without a problem. I'm not a fan of EE by any means, in fact I prefer 3 for their truly unlimited data and promise to move everyone over to 4G when they implement it for free, but their service works great for me too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.