Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

E-Commerce platform Shopify has announced its iPad-centric point-of-sale (POS) system, which works in conjunction with Shopify's POS card reader and official iPad app to accept payments from Visa, Mastercard, and American Express, as well as the ability to update inventory in real time. The POS system is also compatible with optional sales accessories such as receipt printers, barcode scanners, cash drawers, and a specialized stand for the iPad.

Shopify POS has all the features you need, none of the clutter:
- Accept credit cards instore or on the go with our card reader
- Add customers to orders and keep track of their purchases
- Track your cash float and summarize daily totals
- Accept partial payments, multiple payments and deposits
- Send fully customizable email receipts
- Connect with a receipt printer, cash drawer and/or barcode scanner
- Search your order history and refund payments
- Create custom payment types and custom sales
- Add unlimited staff members with PIN entry
- Attach notes, shipping addresses and discounts to orders
Shopify's POS card reader is $19.99, and is available alongside various kits with additional Shopify POS accessories. Shopify POS is a free download for the iPad, available on the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Shopify Launches iPad-Centric POS System to Integrate Online and In-Store Sales

lotzosushi

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2007
I know it's supposed to be point-of-sale... but every time I read POS it's something else in my head. lol =/

jfx94

macrumors regular
May 22, 2013
where ever I am at.
I'd really like to see Apple Retail's EasyPay system come to market. Even if its not mobile, the software is the simplest to use I've ever seen.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
I'd really like to see Apple Retail's EasyPay system come to market. Even if its not mobile, the software is the simplest to use I've ever seen.

Other retailers use it in some of their major retail locations. Sephora in NYC uses Apple's system, I remember speaking with an associate about it and how they loved it.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
This would be great for some of the businesses I work with--except Shopify won't allow enough custom options on each product sold. PayPal lets you add options (at the very least custom text fields) pretty much at will if you're the programmer setting up the site. Shopify's limits keep me away from recommending it for all but the most basic "shirt in 3 sizes" kinds of products. Hopefully that will change because I've heard good things otherwise. Unlimited options please, and let the price be calculated from them arbitrarily using custom logic (such as based on entered product dimensions).

jfx94

macrumors regular
May 22, 2013
where ever I am at.
Other retailers use it in some of their major retail locations. Sephora in NYC uses Apple's system, I remember speaking with an associate about it and how they loved it.

Both the hardware and software? I think incase makes the iPod touch case barcode scanner available to others, but I was previously unaware of Apple letting anyone touch their pos software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.