Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Last fall, we launched a series of roundups to help visitors more easily stay on top of the latest rumors for several of Apple's product lines, condensing months' worth of news and rumors into a single frequently-updated page for each product. For various reasons, those roundups fell out of date.

After taking some time to completely rework both the look and functionality, we are relaunching our Roundups feature today with coverage of the iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, and iWatch. More roundups are coming soon to expand our coverage of Apple's products as the company heads into to a busy season of iPhone, iPad, Mac, and software updates.

iphone_5s_roundup.jpg
The goal of each roundup is to simply answer the question of "What are you expecting" for any given product. That opinion is certain to change over time as new rumors are revealed, and the roundups will be updated regularly to reflect that.

Our roundup index page includes a full list of our available roundups ordered by most recently updated. Roundups are also accessible directly through the "Roundups" tab in the navigation bar on all MacRumors pages.

- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 5C
- iWatch

Article Link: MacRumors Roundups: What We Expect for the iPhone 5S, 5C and iWatch

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Can't wait...

... to not have to see news articles about pics/videos of 5S casings.

TimeSquareDesi

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2013
I'm totes New Yorkian
Although I am sure the 5S is going to be a stellar device, I'm waiting for iOS 7 to be released so I can install it on my year old, 64gb iPhone 5... It'll make the phone feel BRAND NEW again! :D

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
So are we now expecting iWatch to be showcased on the 10th? :confused:

Check the roundup and see! :)

Hint: No. It's an example of a roundup for a product with a longer time horizon.

Seems early. I always thought roundups were put out no earlier than 24-48 hours before the show?

These are intended to be long-term roundups that will be regularly updated to always reflect the current state of rumors on a product. Different from a last-minute roundup/summary heading into a product intro.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Can't wait...

Yes, it'll go back to lawsuits, Lawsuits and leaked iPad Mini parts. What else do we have? A Mac Pro got announced, and by then a new iPhone will be.

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2010
iWatch seems like it would be crammed in at this or even an Oct. event. I would think a March release would give a great amount of time to let all the other gadgets have their time in the spotlight.

Elbon

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
Boston, MA
iWatch: "instead of" vs. "in addition to"

"The iWatch will serve as an accessory to the iPhone and other iOS devices, giving users easy at-a-glance access to common functions without having to take their larger devices out of their pockets or bags"

I hope that it is not limited to this. I'd consider wearing an iWatch *instead* of carrying a phone around, but I'd be much less inclined to wear one *in addition* to carrying a phone with me.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Seems early. I always thought roundups were put out no earlier than 24-48 hours before the show?

The plan here is to have ongoing roundups.

So the iWatch one is an example of one that will evolve for probably the next year.

arn

Slackula

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2003
Can't wait...

Give it about two weeks after the event and "leaked" photos of iPhone 6 casings will begin to appear. :D

That just seems to be the way this all works any longer.

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
There is no possible way the iPhone 5S has a 128 GB storage option. Single chip 128 GB flash still does not exist and no way Apple squeezes two storage chips in an iPhone. Maybe the next iPod Touch, but not the iPhone.

Raddock

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
Houston
Where's the Mac Pro in all this mess? Are we waiting until October / November time frame?

Strange there have been no further rumors about it.

Maybe no one cares any more because we know what it looks like already? Or, maybe the new facility that's making them isn't leaking any new info.

sclawis300

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
wouldn't you expect the invite today? If not sent today the most lead time from the invite would be 5 business days. Is that the norm?

JayCee842

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2013
Wow, I can't believe it is already going to be September 10! I just cleared out all my idevices a few weaks ago and sold em to upgrade to whatever comes out. Can't wait! :D

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
There is no possible way the iPhone 5S has a 128 GB storage option. Single chip 128 GB flash still does not exist and no way Apple squeezes two storage chips in an iPhone. Maybe the next iPod Touch, but not the iPhone.

Samsung started pumping out the 128 GB chips last fall. Doesn't the 128 GB iPad use them? I don't think I've seen a teardown of the 128 GB model, but unless there was a significant change in the logic board design, there's no room for a second NAND chip.

wouldn't you expect the invite today? If not sent today the most lead time from the invite would be 5 business days. Is that the norm?

Invite usually comes about a week ahead of time, so should be next Tuesday or Wednesday.

JGowan

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2003
Mineola TX
We have yet to have a succeeding phone that didn't have a faster processor. Why does MR.com think it will be the same?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
We have yet to have a succeeding phone that didn't have a faster processor. Why does MR.com think it will be the same?

Are you talking about 5S or 5C? The 5S will have an improved A7 chip. Rumors are that the 5C, being a lower-cost model, will use a similar A6 chip to that found in the iPhone 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.