Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

New photos of Apple's alleged low-cost iPhone 5C have surfaced this weekend, with one photo coming from website iApps.im showing many devices in a red plastic shell, with the other two photos coming from Chinese site Weibo depicting a phone diagram, instruction manuals, legal information and SIM card ejection tools. The three photos were noted by 9to5Mac.

iphone_5c_packaging1.png
The packaging in question appears to be consistent with an image that surfaced in July that first displayed the "iPhone 5C" name, with the paper included in the packaging also appearing to match the shape of the plastic shell. The shape of the device also pictured appears to match a photo last month of various iPhone 5C devices being tested at a Pegatron factory, a notable supplier to Apple.

iphone_5c_packaging2.png
As stated in our iPhone 5C roundup, the low-cost phone is expected to arrive with a plastic rear shell available in multiple colors such as yellow, blue, red, green, and white to be offered. The phone's internals are expected to be similar to that of the iPhone 5, with the device expected to carry an A6 chip, 4-inch Retina display, 8-megapixel rear camera, and 1.2-megapixel front camera. The device is also estimated to be $400-$500 without a service contract based on analysis over the past few months.

iphone_5c_packaging3.png
Apple's iPhone 5C and flagship iPhone 5S are both expected to be unveiled at a September 10th media event, and will likely launch in the first wave of markets on September 20th.

Article Link: New Photos of Alleged iPhone 5C Packaging and Manual

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
I won't be buying it (5S instead) but looks pretty good. Also, seems like there's another Mac forum popping up every week. Casing really looks like iPod Touch casing. There was a different case leaked a month ago that definitely didn't look like that as well.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
$400 off contract would be a really good sweet spot, I'd buy one for my sister whose iPhone 4 is aging hehe :)

negativzero

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2011
Why do these "leaked" images always come in super low res when phones these days are capable of so much more :rolleyes:

juanmanas

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2010
$400 off contract would be a really good sweet spot, I'd buy one for my sister whose iPhone 4 is aging hehe :)

This is going to hurt Android a lot. Its going to be a good chance for many android users to discover what a smooth GUI is.

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006
Looks like the Gen 3 iPod Touch, a bit shabby methinks, of course if it is ginuwine.

the color scheme does kind of look "ginuwine"

1040_1345056126.jpg

Ginuwine
Elgin Baylor Lumpkin (born October 15, 1970), better known by his stage name Ginuwine is an American singer-songwriter dancer and actor.
Signed to Epic Records since the mid-1990s, Ginuwine had released a number of multi-platinum and platinum-selling albums and singles, becoming one of R&B's top artists during the late 1990s and early 2000s .

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Why do these "leaked" images always come in super low res when phones these days are capable of so much more :rolleyes:

Think of how popular Android is in China, and among those Android phones don't expect many flagship Samsungs or HTC's in the hands of Foxconn proletariat line workers.

ast03

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2009
wait, since when did apple start giving away sim card tools? I thought they stopped. Did they start again?

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
What I love is that because you can't print that colour green using CMYK, they've had to tone down the green on the phone / messages icons (on the documentation / stickers).

Also, that is one PINK phone - phew!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.