Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
Reason #6. I see hipster wannabes with popped collars and shiny white leather shoes with skinny jeans with the white iPhone and I don't want to be ridiculed or lumped in to this group.

our hipsters are more of skinny jeans, big beard, thick glasses, smoking an organic cig, drinking an IPA, texting on their white iphone 5. (probably be safe to throw a beanie into the equation most the time)

tekunoloji

Cancelled
Sep 8, 2010
Anyone know how to clean this dirt?

Before anyone goes and says I'm unclean or some dumb thing, I keep my iPhone 5 is great condition.

I just got back from a business trip and noticed this dirt wedged inside my white iPhone 5...

Anyone know how to clean this?

oliversl

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
An iPhone 5S using the "colors" of iPhone 2G would be nice. Aluminium+black is better than aluminium+white. Just look at the iPhone 2G or MacBook Pro.

But the iPhone 5 White looks great too.

BeK

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2012
Before anyone goes and says I'm unclean or some dumb thing, I keep my iPhone 5 is great condition.

I just got back from a business trip and noticed this dirt wedged inside my white iPhone 5...

[url=http://s2.postimage.org/k0leq21l1/dirt_01_iphone_5.jpg]Image[/url]

[url=http://s2.postimage.org/mj73qqnb9/dirt_02_iphone_5.jpg]Image[/url]

You could try a alcohol swap or a Q-tip. I would also recommend using a case as they help to not only protect your device but keep it clean as well.

JodyK

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2010
Northern Atlanta suburbs
Been w white iOS devices for awhile now ... I really like them. I have life proof cases on them all now though.

I will say in reply to one of your last concerns ... Is the white glass distracting ... When I went from Black iPad to a white one (iPad has a larger edge than iPhone of course) it was a little distracting ...

I ended up getting used to it. No regrets on choosing White!

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Went back to black with the iPhone 5 for the first time since the iPhone 3G. Might go white again on the 5S haven't decided yet. As usual the white iPhones seem to have better resale value as well.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I think the design of the iPhone 5 looks particularly good in white. I felt like the iPhone 4/4s looked a little better in black. It's strange that the white iPhone has better resale value though..

I wonder how the champagne and slate colors will do.

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Odessa, FL
Been w white iOS devices for awhile now ... I really like them. I have life proof cases on them all now though.

I will say in reply to one of your last concerns ... Is the white glass distracting ... When I went from Black iPad to a white one (iPad has a larger edge than iPhone of course) it was a little distracting ...

I ended up getting used to it. No regrets on choosing White!

So, just for the record... I did go with white in the end. I don't find the white edges distracting. It's probably because I've had the phone for so long now I've grown accustomed to it.

I'm really glad I went with white this time around. The aluminum edges look really spectacular!

Black is fine too but I just wanted something different this time around.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA

[url=http://s2.postimage.org/k0leq21l1/dirt_01_iphone_5.jpg]Image[/url]

[url=http://s2.postimage.org/mj73qqnb9/dirt_02_iphone_5.jpg]Image[/url]

Try a microfiber cloth and a little rubbing alcohol, or maybe a toothpick.

I have a white 4S and around the edges of my front screen protector I have some tiny specks of dirt, but this is to be expected for an older phone. You have to look really hard to see, and it seems to clean off pretty well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.