Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tekno

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011
I put in the web address, the little spinney circle goes anti-clockwise for a moment then the page goes blank, the spinney thing starts spinning clockwise... and that's it. Nothing happens.

I can leave it for as long as I wish - it keeps looking like it's loading something but nothing happens. But the moment I refresh, the page loads immediately.

Anyone else having this? I'm on OS X 10.7.5 with the latest Chrome.

Broric

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2009
In the last week or so I get a blank page on every site using Chrome. I generally use FF so not bothered reinstalling it yet but something weird is going on.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
In my experience....

Chrome hangs out when Flash or RAM are in trouble....Can be worth to check out that....

:):apple:

LPZ

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2006
I put in the web address, the little spinney circle goes anti-clockwise for a moment then the page goes blank, the spinney thing starts spinning clockwise... and that's it. Nothing happens.

I can leave it for as long as I wish - it keeps looking like it's loading something but nothing happens. But the moment I refresh, the page loads immediately.

Anyone else having this? I'm on OS X 10.7.5 with the latest Chrome.

Been noticing this too. Try unchecking

"Predict network actions to improve page load performance" in the Privacy Settings section of Chrome preferences (under "Show advanced settings").

[EDIT] --- This doesn't appear to fix the problem for me, though it initially seemed promising.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.