Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has launched a Back to School music sale in iTunes for U.S. customers dropping the price on a several popular albums to $6.99 (via iMore). The sale works alongside the iTunes "Complete My Album" feature, allowing already purchased tracks to count towards the price of the full album.

itunesale.jpg
Here's the full list of songs on sale:

- Imagine Dragons - Night Visions
- Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience
- Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines
- The Lumineers - The Lumineers
- Pink - The Truth About Love
- OneRepublic - Native
- Blake Shelton - Based On a True Story...
- Sara Bareilles - The Blessed Unrest
- Various Artists - Pitch Perfect (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Lana Del Rey - Born to Die

Apple also has more than 60 other albums available for $7.99, featuring artists like Taylor Swift, Fun., Eminem, and more. The $6.99 sale will last from September 2 to September 5.

Article Link: Apple Offers Back to School Discount on Select iTunes Albums

NitinNike

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2012
Haha here In India 90% of albums costs around $2.

Sorry I forgot to mention that's without any discounts or offers.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
And I do not care any of those Pop music albums, any Electronic or Dance music albums discount? I doubt it.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
If only music piracy could be less prominent everywhere... we could all have $2 albums.
Stop pirating music!

If albums were $2 each here, I would never pirate an album again.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
If an album is only worth $2 to you, I don't see how it's worth the time to even listen to.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
If an album is only worth $2 to you, I don't see how it's worth the time to even listen to.

?

I'm confused how you can say that about $2/album but not $12/album, if you're trying to equate money an album is worth with the length of the contents of the album.

gatearray

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
If only music piracy could be less prominent everywhere... we could all have $2 albums.

Haha, that's a good one! I think what your suggesting could be categorized as "specious reasoning"... :)

For example, what were record companies' excuse for charging $15 for a CD back in the 80s/90s before the advent of digital piracy? While I agree with you that pirating is wrong, it could entirely stop tomorrow and the price of music would stay the same, or worse, actually increase.

Molecule

macrumors regular
May 19, 2010
How does this actually help anybody going back to school? I thought these kinds of sales were for useful things... :confused:

Boris-VTR

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2013
Haha, that's a good one! I think what your suggesting could be categorized as "specious reasoning"... :)

For example, what were record companies' excuse for charging $15 for a CD back in the 80s/90s before the advent of digital piracy? While I agree with you that pirating is wrong, it could entirely stop tomorrow and the price of music would stay the same, or worse, actually increase.

True true. No way would those greedy suits at music corp lower price of albums.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Haha here In India 90% of albums costs around $2.

Sorry I forgot to mention that's without any discounts or offers.
original/official non-indian music? Like for example the ones in the OP?

I wonder if music piracy is a lot less prominent there.
I believe the $2 that the member says are pirated music.

Stop pirating music!
lol, you don't understand music labels.

----------

How does this actually help anybody going back to school? I thought these kinds of sales were for useful things... :confused:

bus rides and such...

----------

Perhaps you are not aware of the differences in salaries between India and the US.

nah that has nothing to do w/ it prob. pirated music... I go to central america a lot and the price of CDs are higher than the US and people earn $2.25 a hour, but you also have people w/ pirated dvd of cam recordings of movies in the street selling for $2-3. In lat america the price of videogames is crazyyy high also.

NitinNike

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2012
Perhaps you are not aware of the differences in salaries between India and the US.

My dad currently earns $200000 per annum. That's definitely lot higher than the average income of Americans.
Many people over here are offered with good salaries. No doubt about it.
We are beaten just because of population and that's due to lack of education. So ratio is unacceptable.
Here people save money a lot and invest an all that and I haven't heard of people over there saving and investing. So people even with low salaries can live happily and I have seen it.
India has developed a lot in these years.

Nabby

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
Equal or less on Amazon

With the exception of 2 or 3, all of these albums are currently $5.99 on Amazon. The rest are $6.99.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.