Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to the Humble Bundles here. I'll update the OP with the current Humble Bundle and Weekly Humble Bundle every time there is a new one.
KEEP IN MIND- All average costs for the bonuses are as of the last time I edited the post. Usually they stay within a dollar of the OP plus or minus during the bundle duration however.

Current Humble Bundle
Humble Jumbo Bundle
Tuesday, December 17
https://www.humblebundle.com
  • Natural Selection 2
  • Sanctum 2
  • Magicka + DLC

Pay over the average-Hovering around $4.00.
  • Orcs Must Die! 2:Complete Pack
  • Garry's Mod
  • Serious Sam 3:BFE

Current Weekly Humble Bundle
The Humble Weekly Sale
Ends-Thursday, December 5
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
  • Jamestown
  • Closure
  • S.P.A.Z
  • Shatter

Pay-$6.00 to unlock.
  • Dungeon Defenders
  • Defense Grid Gold

the Humble Store
New sales everyday
https://www.humblebundle.com/store

Last edited:

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
That would be great, I love the Humble Bundles. I used to post about them all the time, but got a very lukewarm response so I stopped. In fact, during one of the Android bundles (that were released for Android, Windows PC and OSX) I had people telling me this was a Mac site. Neat, thanks.
Anyhoo, this Origin bundle is the strongest bundle yet, it's unbelievable how valuable this group of games is for the donation.

Is your avatar the "hash-slinging slasher"? :)

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
That would be great, I love the Humble Bundles. I used to post about them all the time, but got a very lukewarm response so I stopped. In fact, during one of the Android bundles (that were released for Android, Windows PC and OSX) I had people telling me this was a Mac site. Neat, thanks.
Anyhoo, this Origin bundle is the strongest bundle yet, it's unbelievable how valuable this group of games is for the donation.

Is your avatar the "hash-slinging slasher"? :)

Yeah they really are a great deal. I hope they keep getting better from here.

And yes, it's the hash-slinging slasher. All the original spongebob a just have the best jokes in them once your old enough to get them. ;)

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
Yeah they really are a great deal. I hope they keep getting better from here.

And yes, it's the hash-slinging slasher. All the original spongebob a just have the best jokes in them once your old enough to get them. ;)

Oh, he'll yeah. The first three seasons of that show kill me. Frankendoodle, tea at the tree dome, squid wards day off, just so funny!

Ripped.....pants? Lol!! ;)

And as far as the bundle, they just added Red Alert 3!

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
As I have a number of the games already here for the first come first save basis is a freebie for you peeps

7XZ9-QD9K-5J76-MRXU-6NGM

Dead Space 3 Origin Key

Please post to say you have used it - just to say thanks and so others aren't frustrated.

MRU

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
what a brilliant offer, cheers for posting it (my post was for an older humble bumble which was medal of honour among others)

Last edited:

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
Just updated it today to reflect the new "Humble Comedy Bundle". Not exactly games but still cool none the less. Still no weekly bundle.

cartman61616

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2012
Cool, right on time :).

Updated the OP to reflect the weekly sale. Oh and $125 for 48 games?:eek: Pretty decent deal...

It's a horrible deal actually. Those games go on sale quite often for 50-75% off Also it comes with NO DLC at all.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
It's a horrible deal actually. Those games go on sale quite often for 50-75% off Also it comes with NO DLC at all.

Yeah but you figure that's about 3 bucks a game. So if you want to just bulk stock up a gaming library, might be a decent bundle to pick up.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
UPDATE: New weekly bundle and more added to the Comedy Bundle.

can i suggest, its up to you as its your (fine) post, but i think it would be nicer if instead of editing the original post to be the latest, i think you should leave each post as its good to see what previous humble bundles were. and also it makes more sense if people post things about a particular bundle.

up to you, either way, great idea to keep posting. i tend to forget about humble bundle as im not interested in their indie bundles or non game stuff but some of the bundles like the recent origin one and the THQ one were brilliant.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
can i suggest, its up to you as its your (fine) post, but i think it would be nicer if instead of editing the original post to be the latest, i think you should leave each post as its good to see what previous humble bundles were.

I actually prefer you updating the top post but it's your call :)

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
can i suggest, its up to you as its your (fine) post, but i think it would be nicer if instead of editing the original post to be the latest, i think you should leave each post as its good to see what previous humble bundles were. and also it makes more sense if people post things about a particular bundle.

up to you, either way, great idea to keep posting. i tend to forget about humble bundle as im not interested in their indie bundles or non game stuff but some of the bundles like the recent origin one and the THQ one were brilliant.

I actually thought about that when I first set it up, but I figured it wouldn't matter what the past ones were if people can't buy them... I might eventually though if enough people want me to.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
It's that time again! New Humble Bundle- Humble Indie Bundle 9. Not bad, still no where near the Origin one though. And I decided that I'll add the bundle list to each update post, for anyone that wants to look back. Starting that now-

Humble Indie Bundle 9
Ends-Wednesday, September 25
https://www.humblebundle.com
  • Trine 2: Complete Story
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Eets Munchies Beta
  • Brütal Legend

Pay over the average-Hovering around $4.40.
  • FTL:Faster Than Light
  • FEZ
  • Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
  • A Virus Named TOM
  • Bastion
  • LIMBO

Last edited:

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
New weekly Humble Bundle! Updated the OP to reflect the change. Here it is for future reference:

The Humble Weekly Sale: Retro Shooters
Ends-Thursday, September 19
  • Serious Sam HD The First Encounter
  • Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter
  • Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
  • Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition

Pay-$6.00 to unlock.
  • Hard Reset Extended Edition
  • System Shock 2

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
New weekly Humble Bundle! Updated the OP to reflect the change. Here it is for future reference:

The Humble Weekly Sale: Retro Shooters
Ends-Thursday, September 19
  • Serious Sam HD The First Encounter
  • Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter
  • Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
  • Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition

Pay-$6.00 to unlock.
  • Hard Reset Extended Edition
  • System Shock 2

see thats the first recent one that ive thought 'nah' arent they all a bit old

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
As I have a number of the games already here for the first come first save basis is a freebie for you peeps

7XZ9-QD9K-5J76-MRXU-6NGM

Dead Space 3 Origin Key

Please post to say you have used it - just to say thanks and so others aren't frustrated.

MRU

I didn't see anyone post to say thanks or that they used it, but it's definitely been used :( Thanks for the kind offer anyhow!

fireedo

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2011
Indonesia
this humblebundle is really amazing....thx a lot for giving me this info

its like a jackpot for my Steam games library :D

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
Update for the new games added. They added:
  • Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
  • A Virus Named TOM
  • Bastion
  • LIMBO
I'll also add them to the other update post. BTW- anyone who already bought it gets the new 4 for free.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
OMG Humble Bundle Is So Awesome I Hate It!

I still haven't finished the games from my last Humble Bundle. And they come out with this great Indie bundle!

There are 3 games on here that I must have: Fez, Limbo, and Bastion.

I will be purchasing this, but not sure when I can finish the games haha. Anyone excited for any of the other titles?

Also, what does DRM-free mean as far these games go? Can I beat a game and then "gift" it to a friend?

Last edited:

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
I still haven't finished the games from my last Humble Bundle. And they come out with this great Indie bundle!

There are 3 games on here that I must have: Fez, Limbo, and Bastion.

I will be purchasing this, but not sure when I can finish the games haha. Anyone excited for any of the other titles?

Also, what does DRM-free mean as far these games go? Can I beat a game and then "gift" it to a friend?

Basically you get a steam key and in addition you get an installer file that you can use so you aren't "locked down" by steam. Steam works the best for most people though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.