Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aragrist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Southern California
Not sure if anyone at MacRumors heard about this but the makers of FL Studio have released a beta test version of the audio creation software for Mac OSX. It's still the PC version simply Crossover wrapped but if Mac users show interest they may go ahead with a native OSX version in the future.

http://www.image-line.com/documents/news.php?entry_id=1378290309&title=fl-studio-mac-osx-beta

They do state that this is simply a test demo to see if there is interest and the final version built for OSX may not actually happen so no support is offered for this version beyond setting it up. All plugins are up to the user to try but there are no guarantee they will work in OSX.

Wispy

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2013
Good news for the FL users. But I think Logic more better for working on Mac :p

chickenwingfly

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
I have been slow catching on my RSS feeds so thanks.
A bit disappointing to see it's a wrapper but even if I left FL Studio behind years ago, it's cool to see the possibility to have an OS X version in the future.
I mean, I've heard stuff like they "thinking about it" but this is certainly approaching the goal. Hopefully the response will be massive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.