Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
The more I read about a 5" iPhone being prepared, them more I feel like we won't be waiting until next September for the iPhone 6. The market has shown that it wants a larger screen and another year selling 4" phones seems weird.

I am desperate for a 5" display iPhone, mostly for the browsing experience, it needs to be sooner rather than later.

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
Wouldn't surprise me at least. The market is demanding it and it should have been released this year. I can see it as in a multi model strategy with it being the iPhone Pro. I just hope it's an additional model as I would like to stay at 4".

Wispy

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2013
I really dislike big screens, because you can't use phone by one hand..

Shuri

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2011
They could call it iPad Nano and give the iPad phone capabilities and still claiming 4" is THE perfect Size for a smartphone :cool: I believe apple's marketing that came up with the "your thumb reaches the whole screen"-ad, would welcome this very much ;)

(For those asking; is he kidding: I really don't know :D)

javisan

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2006
The more I read about a 5" iPhone being prepared, them more I feel like we won't be waiting until next September for the iPhone 6. The market has shown that it wants a larger screen and another year selling 4" phones seems weird.

I am desperate for a 5" display iPhone, mostly for the browsing experience, it needs to be sooner rather than later.

I have been waiting for the larger iPhone (4.8 inch minimum, preferably 5) for two years already. I don't even know what to expect in regards to timing anymore.

I lost confidence in Apple as they are stuck in the comfort zone, they need to react more quickly to what their customers want or risk defection to competitors and stagnating sales. Apple has a huge potential for offering more and they are just sitting on it, just because.

I knew I was not going to be the only one who thought this so about 2-4 days after the iPhone 5 was released I sold my whole position in Apple at around $690. Look where it is now.

Obviously all of these news related to a larger iPhone are controlled leaks by them to minimize the outrage that many of the users will feel once the 10th comes an no bigger iPhone is announced or released. They want to shut us up (calm the crowds) before the event so that the outrage does not cloud whatever else they are announcing.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
I have been waiting for the larger iPhone (4.8 inch minimum, preferably 5) for two years already. I don't even know what to expect in regards to timing anymore.

I lost confidence in Apple as they are stuck in the comfort zone, they need to react more quickly to what their customers want or risk defection to competitors and stagnating sales. Apple has a huge potential for offering more and they are just sitting on it, just because.

I knew I was not going to be the only one who thought this so about 2-4 days after the iPhone 5 was released I sold my whole position in Apple at around $690. Look where it is now.

Obviously all of these news related to a larger iPhone are controlled leaks by them to minimize the outrage that many of the users will feel once the 10th comes an no bigger iPhone is announced or released. They want to shut us up (calm the crowds) before the event so that the outrage does not cloud whatever else they are announcing.

I know where you are coming from, but don't lose faith just yet. It really does look like the next iPhone will be bigger, and you know that when Apple does something, they do it properly.

entropi

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2008
I would like to have a bigger screen, I think... (but just an 3,5" with lightning and speed for iOS7 would be enough, too - I already have an iPad mini) But I would like the choice for screens to appear NOW and not another year ahead! Apple is a bit too conservative, sometimes... (always?)

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
Yet another speculation on screen size. There have already been a lot, but no evidence of Apple wanting to change their mind for now.

dmylrea

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2005

I was like you, and considering the year+ wait (if at all) for a bigger screen iPhone, I dipped my toes in the Android phone arena. I picked up an unlocked Sony Xperia and although I hated it the first week, I have grown to understand it's workings and am enjoying it very much. If/when there is an iPhone 6 with a bigger screen, then I can sell my unlocked Sony and get the new iPhone.

I admit many of the shortcomings of Android daily, but there are just as many with iOS, so you just have to weigh which ones are important to you and know you can always go back to Apple when the iPhone is ripe for picking (pun intended!). :)

javisan

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2006
An iPhone with a 4.8 - 5.0 screen will retain the current premium price Apple currently charges for every flagship model they have released. ($199, $299, $399 for current GB capacity)

They will retain the 5C (and whatever they call it in the future after the 1st generation;iPhone Mini maybe) at less expensive prices than the flagship price.

Just wait and see.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.