Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ever drop tablet on your face dozing off in bed?

• Yes...

Votes: 95 53.7%
  • Never...

Votes: 49 27.7%
  • Almost...

Votes: 33 18.6%

• Total voters

paulbennett95

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2012
Long Island, NY
I drop my Nook Tab on my chest sometimes, but I drop my iPhone on my face often. I dropped my moms iPad once but it hit my chest, I'd cry if it hit my face :rolleyes:

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Yes. All. The. Time. :eek: Not just the iPad, but my phone, and whatever else I have in my hands at the time.

I dropped my iPad Mini on my bare foot a few months ago, was THIS close to it ripping into my skin since it went at me from the side. :eek::eek::eek:

SL4VE

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
Dropped mine. Hit the side table when I dozed off watching a YouTube vid. Smashed the screen to bits and had to send it to mendmyi.com. Who were absolutely fabulous and used genuine parts!

Vivian125

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2017
There is.. iPad Pro 10.5" from 2017 in witch unforgettable experience of mine when i was watching 3D videos to fell asleep, and when i was on the borderline of sleep/unconsciousness i accidentally drop it right to the face. it left me with the black eye because of the weight, and it feels like someone punched you in the face. Good thing it didn't land with the iPad's edge directly on my nose or mouth or else i could have lose teeth lol.

NutSoft

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
Bristol,UK
There is.. iPad Pro 10.5" from 2017 in witch unforgettable experience of mine when i was watching 3D videos to fell asleep, and when i was on the borderline of sleep/unconsciousness i accidentally drop it right to the face. it left me with the black eye because of the weight, and it feels like someone punched you in the face. Good thing it didn't land with the iPad's edge directly on my nose or mouth or else i could have lose teeth lol.
I had my iPad Pro above my face last night and I was adjusting my grip against the magic keyboard case and the iPad detached and dropped against the bridge of my nose leaving a bruise 😂

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I prop my iPad up against a pillow when lying in bed. Definitely has fallen over on to my face a few times. I’m extremely myopic so without my glasses, the iPad is close enough to bonk me. 😂

Reactions: rui no onna

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Lots. The 12.9 (2nd gen) is super painful on the nose. One reason I've started preferring the mini 6 over the 10-12.9" models. It hurts a lot less.

Reactions: sparksd

muzzy996

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2018
Never. Not much of a back sleeper. iPad goes on night stand and I lay on my side. LOL

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
This happened to me couple of weeks ago with my iPad mini. My bottom lip bled 🥹😢😢
Really? That small thing?
(granted, it felt normal size when I bought it but in comparison it's fairly small.)
Anyways, this does happen when I use the case to prop it on the side like a sideways snake sometimes. It doesn't hurt that bad with the mini, but with the Pro it's considerably heavier so it's enough to make my nose bleed a little bit if it hits my nose dead on. As for the lip, maybe it bruises...

Reactions: Dopestar
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.