Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hakuna-matata

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
is there any way to transfer all the organized photo albums created on my iphone to pc??

saberz

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2012
When you plug the iphone in, goto My Computer and you should see it listed in devices listing. Open the iphone and you should see multiple folders (with MYGIO type naming conventions, weird letters). These are your albums split into their groups. You can copy these to the PC and name them whatever you have them set as on the iPhone.

Thats how it appears for me on my iPhone when connected.

OR

You can use Web Albums App on iPhone(I use this) to transfer them to Google Picasa and then download the Google Picasa app for windows. You can then sync the images down to your PC and it will be a live link between your PC and Picasa(to iPhone). Good for sharing pictures quickly. That or you can use the iCloud Photostream but it won't be in albums/folders I believe.

hakuna-matata

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
When you plug the iphone in, goto My Computer and you should see it listed in devices listing. Open the iphone and you should see multiple folders (with MYGIO type naming conventions, weird letters). These are your albums split into their groups. You can copy these to the PC and name them whatever you have them set as on the iPhone.

Thats how it appears for me on my iPhone when connected.

Thanx for both options and quick reply but my pc doesn't show any sub-folders corresponding to different albums on my iphone..is there any particular settings required to achieve this? i have an iphone 4s on 5.1..shall i remove and reinstall drivers for my iphone?

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
It looks like Photo Anywhere can do this too, and it's currently free :)

I've never used it though, so I can't vouch for its quality. I recommend doing a search in AppZapp (free app) for recent app sales in Photogrpahy, always a good resource. Photo Manager Pro looks like it can do it as well, an dis only 99cents, but I can't confirm it let's you select albums from the description.

saberz

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2012
Shouldnt need to do anything special. Moment i made albums in photo app those folders were there on the phone. Could go the app route as well as mentioned by the others.

hakuna-matata

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
It looks like Photo Anywhere can do this too, and it's currently free :)

I've never used it though, so I can't vouch for its quality. I recommend doing a search in AppZapp (free app) for recent app sales in Photogrpahy, always a good resource. Photo Manager Pro looks like it can do it as well, an dis only 99cents, but I can't confirm it let's you select albums from the description.
thanx a lot for this information:)

Shouldnt need to do anything special. Moment i made albums in photo app those folders were there on the phone. Could go the app route as well as mentioned by the others.

thank you:)

mac2244

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2013
I am having a similiar problem to the original poster - basically I have a large capacity iphone 4S where I have created many albums and I want to transfer these albums and connected phots onto my windows 7 PC (to back them up and also so I can free up space on my phone).

Basically when I connect my phone with a usb cable I get the usual nonsence file extension names that have little to do with the actual album names I created on the phone. I also do not use picasso (although I can create an account if required) although I am worried because of the number of photos (several thousand) - I might run out of storage space on picasso.

Please can someone advise me the best (easiest) way to copy these albums across onto my computer. From all the posts the the saberz solution seems the best (although when I search web albums app in the apple shop I get 2 apps web album by pixite and best album by appstair - can someone please advise which of these is best? also is there any easier solution without having to use/create a picasso account on my PC (I have no real need to share the photos just want to move them onto the PC) - I am also worried about the large number of photos so just want an easy solution that allows me to keep the album structure already created on my phone.

annaharris

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2012
San Francisco
Install iFunbox into your PC first, then connect your iPhone with it. Just go into “var/mobile/Media/PhotoData/” from iFunbox. You will get all your photo albums there...

mac2244

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2013
Anna thanks for the suggestion!
I just installed ifunbox but still not been able to locate my albums (note when I mean album I have created many different albums with distinct names under the camera roll folder (not sure if it just makes a copy of the original photo or cut and pastes completely it into the newly created album).

What I do see when I go into ifunboxclassic are a jumble of photo related directories firstly at the top under general storage I see camera, camera 1, camer 2 all the way through to camera 8 and then under raw file system I found a folder called DCIM (i presume this is what u mean by var/mobile as I can't find such a file extension at least in the ifunbox classic part of the software?) - in DCIM I have a whole collection of files starting at 100APPLE all the way to 140APPLE - each of these folders contain photos but they appear sorted by date order and appear to have no relation to the albums I created on the phone.

Please advise if I am doing this wrong? or if these is any way I can view or copy these albums using this or another bit of software (note I can already explore and back up my camera roll just by connecting my i phone with a USB cable (the files have weird prefixes such as 864CKYNA - but they appear not to include any of my created albums).

Last edited:

mac2244

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2013
Hakuna Please Help!

Hakuna just noticed your online now and was wondering if you had success in doing this (it is not clear from the thread) - just to clarify I want to transfer albums I created on my i phone to my PC not just the camera roll which I can transfer easily?

limzx

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2013
Hi mac2244, did you manage to do it?

Hakuna just noticed your online now and was wondering if you had success in doing this (it is not clear from the thread) - just to clarify I want to transfer albums I created on my i phone to my PC not just the camera roll which I can transfer easily?

Cedric-F

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2013
London
Easy, free solution

is there any way to transfer all the organized photo albums created on my iphone to pc??

To transfer photo albums or folders from iPhone to my Computer, I downloaded a free app on my phone called WiFi Photo Transfer (https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/wifi-photo-transfer/id380326191?mt=8) on my iPhone. I go the transfer URL immediately and going through the option I could easily choose which photo album to transfer, if not all of them. I also could easily create a password to protect the access to the photo albums.

Then, on my Computer web browser I type the url provided, (192.168.0.(...) ) and accessed instantly my photos, in my case, videos, and I could choose them either by ticking or by selecting a range, lets say form 1 to 50, and download them as a zip file.

Very easy, straightforward way to get your albums.

The iPhone album transfer is done through your local wi-fi network, no iTunes or any cable needed. And because it is a local file transfer, the transfer speed is extremely fast and it is more secure too.

Hope this will help.

abookin

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2011
really fast Photo Transfer WiFi

I want to transfer albums I created on my i phone to my PC not just the camera roll which I can transfer easily?

I recommend you Photo Transfer WiFi to share photos between iPhone and PC. This app is really a time-saver! I have set the network between my iPhone and PC via Web in a few seconds, instructions were very clear and it took me a few minutes and couple clicks to transfer my Holiday album from iPhone to PC.
Here is the link http://www.phototransferwifi.com/

Johnny Roastbee

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2013
SOLUTION….and then my rant...

SOLUTION:
I installed Dropbox on the iPhone, and then went into dropbox, and selected Upload. It then threw me into the albums I wanted to upload. I had to check each individual photo, and then wait for Dropbox to sync via WiFi. After it did…I then went to the Mac and moved the photos/videos from my Dropbox folder into a folder offline.
(now stop here, unless you want to read my rant)
VIOLA!!! I am now thinking WHY is there not a straightforward solution from Apple support, and WHY do people ignore the need to accomplish this task????

There SHOULD be a way to do this using iTunes or a Mac computer. I am very disappointed at all the apple support forums where administrators are posting their opinions as to "why Apple/Itunes made it this way". Typical IT support snobbishness…always questioning "how come you want to do it that way…you should be doing it this way, blah blah blah". Take my example, and start to help by answering the user's questions and quit trying to defend the illogical nature of something.

This is another reason I am a major promoter of PC, and heavily against any deployment of Macs. Although I love the iPhone because of its stability, iPhone users tend to use Macs…and I am in a working environment where there are so many people who want to use Mac instead of PC. I use a Mac every day to evaluate it from a support perspective, and I have detailed lengthy notes on the problems with using a Mac in the PC environment but nobody cares…because users don't care about knowing how a computer works. I am going to post this in the Apple support pages as well. I do want to thank everybody here for offering app solutions. Unfortunately, after trying some of these solutions, I was left with a lot of crap on my computers (Mac and PC) that I had to clean up and then reevaluate the tools I have access to. Dropbox was the winner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.