Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A pair of photos posted to Chinese microblogging site Sina Weibo and shared by HDBlog.it [Google Translate] show what is alleged to be packaging for an official Apple case marketed for the iPhone 5S but which would also fit the iPhone 5. Text on a paper insert within the packaging indicates that the case is at least partially constructed of aniline-dyed leather, similar to Apple's Smart Covers for the iPad and iPad mini.

apple_iphone_5s_case_1.jpg
This case is made from natural aniline leather. Its appearance will change as you use it. [...]

Compatible with iPhone 5 and 5s.
apple_iphone_5s_case_2.jpg
As the report notes, the informational text included on the paper insert is similar to that seen on other Apple accessories, and the "iPhone 5S Case" name printed on the plastic packaging matches the styling seen on an alleged leaked box for the device itself.

One questionable aspect of the paper insert is the use of a lowercase "s" in "iPhone 5s", as Apple has traditionally used a capital "S" when printing the names of its "S-model" iPhones in plain text. The packaging itself also appears to be rather large considering Apple's usual standard of minimal packaging for its products.

Apple is expected to unveil both the iPhone 5S and a lower-cost iPhone 5C at a media event beginning in just a few hours.

Article Link: Photos of Alleged Packaging for Official Apple iPhone 5S Leather Case Surface

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Interesting! I'd love to see more cases from Apple. Although I've told myself I won't put my 5S in a case and just enjoy its beauty. :D

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
IMO the s should be lower case, but that is just my opinion.

Curious to see if this is true, and how well those cases hold up. I have had mixed results with Apple's official protective products in the past.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
If anyone with a hand like that worked into my workplace, they'd be told to get out and fix it up. That is just plain disgusting.

i5pro

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
NNJ
Pretty soon she will be out of a job. how many ugly hands with that bracelet possibly have access to that info.

Brradley

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
If anyone with a hand like that worked into my workplace, they'd be told to get out and fix it up. That is just plain disgusting.

What's wrong with it?! Yeah, their nails might be a little long but "disgusting", really?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.