Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbarney

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
I just purchased an ATV recently. Is it possible to watch the media event scheduled for Sept 10th via ATV? If so, will an icon appear on the ATV menu at some point before the scheduled event?

Thanks!

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
In the past an "Apple Events" icon would appear on the Apple TV if the event was available to watch live. I don't see that yet on mine, maybe they're not live-streaming this event or perhaps it'll show up tomorrow.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
In the past an "Apple Events" icon would appear on the Apple TV if the event was available to watch live. I don't see that yet on mine, maybe they're not live-streaming this event or perhaps it'll show up tomorrow.

I would be absolutely shocked if they weren't streaming it. It will probably show up tonight or in the morning at the latest.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
IIRC, the App appears about half a day before the actual event starts.

That's one advantage of being in Europe... the event starts in the evening (7 pm for us CET'ers) so we get to have event-day's hype for 12 hours... :D

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
How many live broadcasts of Apple Keynotes do you remember?
I can name only 2 or 3 at most.
WWDC 2013 was one, then the education event in January 2012 and SJ memorial event come to mind.
Normally, all these events have been published under Apple Video Podcasts only a couple of days later, after careful editing.
http://www.disruptiveconversations....-wwdc-2013-by-streaming-the-keynote-live.html
I most def hope they will stream it live on 10th, but I won't bet on this.

Last edited:

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
I'm really not understanding why they did the live stream for both WWDC in June and for the iPad event last October, but are not doing the one today for the iPhone. The iPhone event is the most heavily anticipated one they do all year.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
I'm really not understanding why they did the live stream for both WWDC in June and for the iPad introduction last October, but are not doing the one today for the iPhone. The iPhone event is to most anticipated one they do all year.

Perhaps they don't think they can provide the necessary bandwidth...

Deadeyeshark

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011
England
This all seems unusually low key for an iPhone launch. Smaller venue, no stream, a hardly noticeable banner. Are they downplaying the interim launches as opposed to the fanfare both the iPhone 4 and 5 received? The 4S was pretty low key, but I thought that was down to Steve being close to death.

No Apple Event icon is showing on ATV, safe to assume we will need to follow website streams.

xp0z3d

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
I thought they would bring some sort of software updated for ATV but so far no news , not mentioned in the event either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.