Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

sep_2013_event_invite-250x187.jpg
Apple's highly anticipated September media event is being held today in Town Hall auditorium at the company's headquarters in Cupertino, California. The event begins at 10:00 AM Pacific Time / 1:00 PM Eastern Time, and Apple is expected to unveil new iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C models while also providing a final overview of iOS 7 before the redesigned operating system launches to the public.

Unlike the past several Apple media events and keynotes, it does not appear that the company will be offering a live video stream of today's event. Prior to other recent events, an "Apple Events" channel has appeared on the Apple TV and the company has promoted the live streams on its home page, but none of those indicators have appeared so far.

While Apple will apparently not be providing a live video stream, a number of tech sites are on hand for the event and will be posting live blogs: Engadget, Ars Technica, The Verge, TechCrunch, The Loop, Macworld, AllThingsD, CNET, SlashGear.

In addition, we will be updating this article with summary coverage and issuing Twitter updates through our @MacRumorsLive account as the event unfolds. Separate news stories regarding the event announcements will go out through our @MacRumors account.

Apple's online stores around the world are currently down in advance of the event.

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: Live Coverage of Apple's 2013 iPhone Media Event

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Is this confirmed? No live stream? That seems silly for the announcement of a flagship product from the world's biggest technology company. Everyone else does it!!

I love ya Apple, but c'mon.

Last edited:

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
Been waiting all day here in the UK! 6PM!

Lucky you, it's nearly midnight here! Perhaps the sheer bandwidth potentially needed has scared them into not supplying the live stream. I sure the guarantee of new iPhone hardware is a much greater draw than an iOS preview?

Still a real shame. I guess I'll go back to hitting refresh on Engadget just like the good old days ...

Last edited:

jroadley

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2009
Norwich, UK
Well, this is a good thing. The last Apple TV stream was horrendous, video going out of sync, freezing.

I'm not against them streaming, but it has to be perfect.

Simm95

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2013
How long will it be until Apple posts a video of the keynote? Because I don't want to hear anything about the iPhone 5S until I'm actually watching the presentation.

seong

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
sucks for a person like me who is willing to stay up all night to watch the new products unfold...
Well, I guess I will stick with picture updates and youtube live shows :p

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
9/10 10:00 AM:
  • Good Morning! We are very excited to be here today! - Tim
  • Lets start off with some news about the business.
  • Here's Phil to tell you about some exciting new iPods
  • "iPhone 5s" - Phil
  • Spec bumps across the board
  • Fingerprint sensor
  • New colors
  • iPhone 5C
  • iOS 7
  • A super-hip band to play us out

9/10 11:00 AM: "ugh! They didn't do anything new! So doomed without Steve!"

9/13 12:00 AM: *pre-orders iPhone*

9/16 10:00 AM: "News just coming in now from Apple that this was their largest pre-order of an iPhone ever"

Profit.

Nin3teen

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2013
Central Florida
How long will it be until Apple posts a video of the keynote? Because I don't want to hear anything about the iPhone 5S until I'm actually watching the presentation.

Apple usually posts the keynote by the end of the work day PST. Macrumors provides a spoiler-free blog too I think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.