Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Taylor-C

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
UK
UK iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c Details

iPhone 5c:

Pricing: £469 for 16GB, £549 for 32GB
Capacity: 16GB or 32GB
Colours: Green, White, Blue, Pink, and Yellow.
Pre-Order: Friday 13th September
Release Date: Friday 20th September
Accessories: Case (Silicone) - £25 (Black, White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, Green).

iPhone 5s:

Pricing: £549 for 16GB, £629 for 32GB, £709 for 64GB
Capacity: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
Colours: Space Grey, Gold and Silver.
Pre-Order: Not Available
Release Date: Friday 20th September
Accessories: Case (Leather) - £35 (Brown, Beige, Black, Yellow, Blue, (PRODUCT) Red)

Note: AppleCare+ will be available for £79, with a £55 excess fee...

You can use this tread to discuss the UK price points of the iPhone 5S/C, both unlocked from Apple and through UK network carriers.

Please post to let everyone know if you were able to get your Pre-Order through to Apple (and if you had any problems), and let us know when your Online Order Status changes - e.g. 'Order Processing', 'Preparing for Shipment', 'Dispatched' and eventually 'Delivered'.

Pre-orders will start this Friday (13th of September) for the iPhone 5c, and have historically started at 00:01 am PST, which is 08:01 BST.

Delivery is usually handled by UPS and Syncreon, however this is not confirmed until orders start to ship out of Apple's Shipment Fulfilment Centre. UPS orders can be tracked through the UPS website, and tracking numbers start with '1Z'. Syncreon orders are usually delivered by UK mail, and please see the note below regarding tracking your order through their system.

Syncreon note:
To track, you will need your 'Tracking Number', and 'Your PO Number'. Simply put the 'Tracking Number' in the 'Order/Delivery' box, and the 'Your PO Number' in the 'Web Order No' box and it should display your tracking status.

Last edited:

Taylor-C

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
UK
If somebody could suggest phone recycling websites, I'll look up current prices and post them :)

PortableLover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2012
england
Curious to see pricing on the 5C, planning to get a 5c/5s for a member of my family. Additionally, i hope the applecare+ rumor for europe pans out

Nicholas.C

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2008
If Apple are planning to activate more users within the world community, I am hoping the iPhone 5C will be costing around £269-£369.

But this is wishful thinking..

Taylor-C

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
UK
I hope the applecare+ rumor for europe pans out

Me too! Accidentally dropped my iPhone 5 last year and the way it hit the ground it caused the tiny metal bezel round the screen to start to peel off, and it was £195 for a replacement!

Taylor-C

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
UK
Does anybody know roughly when network carriers usually announce their price plans?

I plan on going (well, staying) on O2 Simplicity - hopefully their LTE will work with the 5S!

skoldpadda

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
Does anybody know roughly when network carriers usually announce their price plans?

I plan on going (well, staying) on O2 Simplicity - hopefully their LTE will work with the 5S!

Last year 3, EE and Vodafone had their plans announced within 2 days.

robpow

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2007
Has it been leaked/rumoured what networks 5S might work with?

At the moment the radio chip in the iPhone 5 only works with EE and Three due to the limited frequencies it supports. If the chip in the 5S supports more frequencies then it might run on O2 and Vodafone too.

Taylor-C

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
UK
Last year 3, EE and Vodafone had their plans announced within 2 days.

Thanks!

----------

Has it been leaked/rumoured what networks 5S might work with?

At the moment the radio chip in the iPhone 5 only works with EE and Three due to the limited frequencies it supports. If the chip in the 5S supports more frequencies then it might run on O2 and Vodafone too.

I don't think so... I hope it will work with O2s LTE though!

MikeWilson

macrumors 6502a
@TaylorClark

Absolutely spot on information above. Thanks for the post, and I hope a mod does sticky it. "The UK Thread" is always a popular one and can get many hundreds of pages in length, and that's before all the delivery status posts :)

PortableLover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2012
england
I think we can pretty much confirm it'll work with O2's LTE network, it would be downright silly for me to release the 5S without support for Vodafone and o2's network. I can't see them skipping large networks in terms of LTE support

Taylor-C

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
UK
@TaylorClark

Absolutely spot on information above. Thanks for the post, and I hope a mod does sticky it. "The UK Thread" is always a popular one and can get many hundreds of pages in length, and that's before all the delivery status posts :)

Thanks! I'm glad my B in English was useful for something haha

Taylor-C

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
UK
http://www.apple.com/uk/recycling/computer/

Anyone done this with Apple before?

Envirofines pricing is mince!

I've not, but for a 'perfect' iPhone 5 their prices are a lot better than other companies!

Will maybe try them this time, if the pricing doesn't slump too much after the announcement!

Edit: Once you click on 'Get Started' it goes to the Apple Store is down page - so they might unfortunately be lowering the prices!

MikeWilson

macrumors 6502a
http://www.apple.com/uk/recycling/computer/

Anyone done this with Apple before?

Envirofines pricing is mince!

I've previously used Envirofone twice. I wonder what Apple gives in comparison for an iPhone 4S. According to 10News:

As of Wednesday, Apple's online trade service estimated the value of a white, mint condition 16GB iPhone 5 with all its accessories and AT&T as a carrier at $336. A 16-GB black iPhone 4s with some wear, all of its power cords and a Verizon carrier will bring in $131.

An unlocked 4S 16GB on Envirofone is £155.10 and the cash can be spent anywhere.

bandrews

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
I always found O2 best. Also, have you seen the info about EE Swap?
As long as you're six months into your contract on Orange, EE or T-Mobile you can hand your phone in and just pay a fee for the phone depending on the plan you want. More info here:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/10/...d_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget&ncid=rss_semi

Seems like they did it just in time for today's announcement.

You might still be better off selling your old phone and buying outright but it's an option worth looking at.

Taylor-C

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
UK
15 minutes guys!

Unfortunately it's likely that it won't be until the end of the Keynote when we'll find out the logistics!

Ronan1888

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2013
Anyone have any idea how much eBay prices for iPhone 4s/5 will be affected, and when they will be affected? Looking to pick up a second hand one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.