Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JessyWolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2013
OK so I just got an iPhone 4s today and, since I did not know about jailbreak, I updated it and it is now iOS 6.1.3. I really need jailbreak because I can't install a single application/game on my phone ! And its really making me angry. I can't install anything with this stupid App store that keeps popping up every time I try to download any application from the internet, and telling me to enter some ID and I do not have a credit card so I can't use this at all and its no use to me. So I would be really thankful if someone replied to this question because I really need this. Thats why I am asking if I can downgrade to 6.1.2 to be able to jailbreak. Any help greatly appreciated....
Thank you

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
You can't. You can only restore an iPhone 4S that is running iOS 6+ to the currently signed iOS version.

JessyWolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2013
You can't. You can only restore an iPhone 4S that is running iOS 6+ to the currently signed iOS version.
How do you mean "You can only restore an iPhone 4S that is running iOS 6+ to the currently signed iOS version?"

----------

Will there be a new jailbreak for 6.1.3 someday? Or no ?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Currently only 6.1.3 is signed, so you can only restore to 6.1.3

No 6.1.3 jailbreak is expected, the de s are holding off for a major release, probably iOS 7 in the fall.

JessyWolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2013
Currently only 6.1.3 is signed, so you can only restore to 6.1.3

No 6.1.3 jailbreak is expected, the de s are holding off for a major release, probably iOS 7 in the fall.
So they will release a jailbreak for IOS 6.1.3 in the fall sometime? or 7 ?

crazycanucks

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
OK so I just got an iPhone 4s today and, since I did not know about jailbreak, I updated it and it is now iOS 6.1.3. I really need jailbreak because I can't install a single application/game on my phone ! And its really making me angry. I can't install anything with this stupid App store that keeps popping up every time I try to download any application from the internet, and telling me to enter some ID and I do not have a credit card so I can't use this at all and its no use to me. So I would be really thankful if someone replied to this question because I really need this. Thats why I am asking if I can downgrade to 6.1.2 to be able to jailbreak. Any help greatly appreciated....
Thank you

And if your trying to install cracked apps NOONE here will help you out with that.
That App store pop uo is the only way to install any apps on your 4S on 6.1.3

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
Just set up an Apple ID, there are a ton of free apps in the Apple app store, can't see why you wouldn't do this??

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
and just in case you were not aware, you can make an itunes account without a credit card or gift card; if you go to the apps section in itunes and select to download a free app. click to make a new account and you should have the option to select "none" when it asks for a payment method

Jassinatt

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2013
It's 100% work. Read & use these lines…

1.Download the iOS 6.1.2 ipsw file & ifaith v 1.5.3 & redsn0w v 0.9.15b3

2. Now open ifaith v1.5.3 & select your shsh blobs & create a new 6.1.2 ipsw file.

3. Again open ifaith & use the ireb , your phone has gone in DFU MODE.

4. Then open iTunes & restore your iPhone with new 6.1.2 ipsw file created with ifaith.

After complete the iTunes process your iPhone display completely black.

5. LAST STEP: Now open the REDSN0W v0.9.15b3 select EXTRA , then EVEN MORE & click on RESTORE button , then select iOS 6.1.2 simple (without created by ifaith or non- Faith file.)

REDSN0W show a unexpected error… BUT IGNORE IT.

Some process has work on your Iphone then complete the process. YOUR IPHONE HAS START AS A NEW IPHONE ON IOS 6.1.2 .

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World

2. Now open ifaith v1.5.3 & select your shsh blobs & create a new 6.1.2 ipsw file.

4. Then open iTunes & restore your iPhone with new 6.1.2 ipsw file created with ifaith.

5. LAST STEP: Now open the REDSN0W v0.9.15b3 select EXTRA , then EVEN MORE & click on RESTORE button , then select iOS 6.1.2 simple (without created by ifaith or non- Faith file.)

Some process has work on your Iphone then complete the process. YOUR IPHONE HAS START AS A NEW IPHONE ON IOS 6.1.2 .

Nope, this only works on A4 devices and the 3GS but NOT on the 4S.

Make sure you post correct information!

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community

The above post I quoted is inaccurate and will never work for an iPhone 4S

@TriJet - you beat me by seconds :cool:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Fail.
As stated above, false info that will not work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.