Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has released three new videos for the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c on its YouTube channel. The videos first debuted earlier today during the company's iPhone media event in Cupertino, where the new iPhones were announced.

The first of the three videos introduces the colorful, lower-cost iPhone 5c, with Jony Ive explaining that Apple believes the iPhone "is an experience" the company is continuing to refine.

Both the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c will be available to consumers on September 20. Apple will begin accepting pre-orders for the iPhone 5c on September 13, but will not accept pre-orders for the iPhone 5s. The 16Gb iPhone 5c will be available for $99 on a two-year contract while the 16GB iPhone 5s will be available for $199 on a two-year contract.

Article Link: Apple Posts First iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c Product Videos

xFenixKnightx

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2011
Very nice but skipping this and going to buy the iPhone 6 next year.

Same here. Bring on the 4.8" and 5.5" iphone 6 models Apple!!! :) keep the 5c for the folks who want oldschool iPhone size. Just add some manly colors to the lineup. Lol I'd only take a white or yellow. They couldn't make a black one???

mozumder

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2009
Are the Verizon/AT&T/T-mobile iPhones different? Can I take one and use them on another network?

radiohead14

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2008
nyc
that 5C video reminds me of all those apple parodies. ive talking a lot about so little using as many fancy words as possible to describe plastic.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Oh, like I haven't watched enough Apple-generated content today. Well, a few more can't hurt. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

epelba01

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2013
Verizon iPhone 5s Talk and Surf info

I was wondering whether the iPhone 5s on Verizon will finally allow talking on the phone and simultaneous surfing of the web. Can't find info on it anywhere.

xFenixKnightx

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2011
[/COLOR]
I was wondering whether the iPhone 5s on Verizon will finally allow talking on the phone and simultaneous surfing of the web. Can't find info on it anywhere.

I think they would've said something about it having Voice over LTE. Who knows...

Last edited:

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003
Dan Riccio said Touch ID can read multiple fingerprints in any orientation. (1:16) I guess that's great if a user accidently cuts or burns a finger that must be bandaged. So I suspect users should register all 10 fingers (and perhaps toes too for extremely clumsy) with Touch ID.

pipa

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
Bitcoin City
Dan Riccio said Touch ID can read multiple fingerprints in any orientation. (1:16) I guess that's great if a user accidently cuts or burns a finger that must be bandaged. So I suspect users should register all 10 fingers (and perhaps toes too for extremely clumsy) with Touch ID.
Only problem is you can only register five fingerprints. Unless they mean 5 users that can have multiple fingerprints.

Pyrrhic Victory

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2012
Why does Jon Ive expose his chest hair with basically an undershirt in every one of these first impressions videos? Doesn't he or anybody at Apple think it might be a good idea to have him wear something a little bit less distracting so the viewer can concentrate on what he's saying and on the product?

Asclepio

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2011
they hiding text and icons under the "non" logo in the video.

wjgxo7.png

Last edited:

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
[/COLOR]

I think they would've said something about it having Voice over LTE. Who knows...

****. I completely forgot about Verizon's network. I planned on switching to Verizon on a share plan, saving me ~$70/mo with AT&T. Believe it or not, voice+data has become an essential factor in my work and personal life. Now I may be stuck with AT&T unless I'm missing knowledge on the matter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.