Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sp33dygtx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2013
"I am new ! I searched google 10 times ! Please don't be rude ! "

In ios 6 when i decline a call and if i turned on screen it was showing my call and i could just swipe to call that caller .

In Ios 7 since beta 1 to goldmaster I can't turn back this function . It was very handy and i miss it.

Q: it's just me ? I messed up settings or it's on every iphone with ios 7.

Again I searched didn't find anything . Please excuse me if it is a known problem that I don't know about.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
"I am new ! I searched google 10 times ! Please don't be rude ! "

In ios 6 when i decline a call and if i turned on screen it was showing my call and i could just swipe to call that caller .

In Ios 7 since beta 1 to goldmaster I can't turn back this function . It was very handy and i miss it.

Q: it's just me ? I messed up settings or it's on every iphone with ios 7.

Again I searched didn't find anything . Please excuse me if it is a known problem that I don't know about.
I don't even get what you're asking. You decline a call and want to call the person back shortly after? Why not just go to the phone app?

Sp33dygtx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2013
I know that but if I get back to my phone after an hour I forget about the missed call. In ios 6 when i waked the phone it was there on lockscreen!

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
I know that but if I get back to my phone after an hour I forget about the missed call. In ios 6 when i waked the phone it was there on lockscreen!

It should show you your missed calls....by declining you mean by pressing the "ON/OFF" button right?? If you decline a call by sliding it to decline I dont think it shows up in missed calls on lock screen because technically you didnt miss it, you declined it..right?

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
settings > notification center > phone > is it visible on lock screen?

Romf

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2011
Paris, France
It should show you your missed calls....by declining you mean by pressing the "ON/OFF" button right?? If you decline a call by sliding it to decline I dont think it shows up in missed calls on lock screen because technically you didnt miss it, you declined it..right?
From what I understand he's talking that in ios6, if you don't answer a call and don't touch your phone when it's ringing, you will see on the lock screen a "missed call" notification that you can swipe and it will call the person right away from there

Sp33dygtx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2013
Yes it is visible in lockscreen

That's correct but in ios 6 it's just like that.

----------

From what I understand he's talking that in ios6, if you don't answer a call and don't touch your phone when it's ringing, you will see on the lock screen a "missed call" notification that you can swipe and it will call the person right away from there

There is 2 different things : declining and don't answering.

If i don't answer it will show in lockscreen ( both ios 6 and 7).
If i decline it will not show in ios 7 ( in ios 6 it is shown)

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
ok well your title and first post explicitly said decline.

i still had this feature on the betas. no one has called me since i upgraded last night, so not sure if it's in the GM.

Sp33dygtx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2013
It is in all ios 7 beta's + GM .

I am not sure if it's normal.

If you want to test it out :
1. Call yourself from another phone
2. Let the phone ring until it stops and let the screen turn of.
3. Wake the phone and you will see your missed call in lockscreen.

4. Call yourself from another phone
5. Decline from your phone. Wait for screen to sleep.
6. Wake screen and you will see that the call isn't shown in lockscreen.

In ios 6 it was. I hope I made myself clear. Thanks.

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012

Ok I hear what your saying now! Let me try it out lol

----------

Ok dumb question but how did you decline the second call? Mine doesn't show a decline button just answer! So I pressed the off button instead.

----------

We'll either way it worked for me if that's what you are trying to do.

cg399

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2012
Hurghada, Egypt

I think this is pretty clear. I've had the same issue. In the job I do, I receive calls from employees, decline them and call right back.

With iOS6 I could decline and then swipe to call back immediately from the lock screen. With iOS 7 I either have to wait until they cancel (in which case the missed call is there in the lock screen) or decline the call, navigate into the phone app, then to recents to call back.

Only a small thing, but an additional couple of steps.

I don't think this is a bug, but rather how the OS works. Not discovered a work-around yet!

Sp33dygtx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2013
Ok I hear what your saying now! Let me try it out lol

----------

Ok dumb question but how did you decline the second call? Mine doesn't show a decline button just answer! So I pressed the off button instead.

----------

We'll either way it worked for me if that's what you are trying to do.

Of course YOU DOUBLE HIT ON/OFF BUTTON

----------

I think this is pretty clear. I've had the same issue. In the job I do, I receive calls from employees, decline them and call right back.

With iOS6 I could decline and then swipe to call back immediately from the lock screen. With iOS 7 I either have to wait until they cancel (in which case the missed call is there in the lock screen) or decline the call, navigate into the phone app, then to recents to call back.

Only a small thing, but an additional couple of steps.

I don't think this is a bug, but rather how the OS works. Not discovered a work-around yet!

That's what I wanted to hear, it isn't just me !

Sp33dygtx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2013
It is very usefull for me. Dunno why apple disable it may, maybe they want us to get s4 :))

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I guess if you decline the call Apple is now treating it as if you "dealt" with the call (by declining it) rather than just missed it (and didn't even know about it). So, since the notifications are basically there for missed items, it doesn't show up there anymore, since it's technically not a missed call (given that it was dealt with).

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
I guess if you decline the call Apple is now treating it as if you "dealt" with the call (by declining it) rather than just missed it (and didn't even know about it). So, since the notifications are basically there for missed items, it doesn't show up there anymore, since it's technically not a missed call (given that it was dealt with).

Makes sense.

lizardflats

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2013
This is a major security hole!

Anyone, not just the phone owner, can just walk up and swipe a missed call to gain access to the phone. It is also an invasion of privacy for the phone owner since anyone can all back someone that was trying to call them.

What was Apple thinking when they did this!

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
This is a major security hole!

Anyone, not just the phone owner, can just walk up and swipe a missed call to gain access to the phone. It is also an invasion of privacy for the phone owner since anyone can all back someone that was trying to call them.

What was Apple thinking when they did this!

A bit dramatic. All you can do is call someone back. You can't gain access to the phone if you have a passcode set.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.