Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
10 minute video demonstrating all the improvements of Google Now over the past year:

It's really impressive how quickly it can get answers for you.

At the rate they're going, I can only imagine how much more it'll improve in the next year. Hopefully more hands-free-ness, for example, I wish all actions had the load bar that will automatically give the command the 'OK' to go ahead. It has this feature for a lot of commands, but some are noticeably missing.

"Show me my pictures from Amsterdamn" was a really impressive command, too. Google then loaded the pics from that album.

Or "Show me some pictures I took in a pool" or "show me pictures of my cat". Both pulled the appropriate pictures. Impressive.

Last edited:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
And yet its still pretty useless for me .... And hammers my battery when on. Seriously I can do almost as much with it turned off as with it on (add appointments and reminders via voice, weather is available from a trillion different sources and such) that the negative impact it has on my battery is not worth it being on.

Todd B.

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2013
I don't think I want to meet the people stupid enough to let Google be their data provider.

sddabrow

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
10 minute video demonstrating all the improvements of Google Now over the past year:

YouTube: video

It's really impressive how quickly it can get answers for you.

At the rate they're going, I can only imagine how much more it'll improve in the next year. Hopefully more hands-free-ness, for example, I wish all actions had the load bar that will automatically give the command the 'OK' to go ahead. It has this feature for a lot of commands, but some are noticeably missing.

"Show me my pictures from Amsterdamn" was a really impressive command, too. Google then loaded the pics from that album.

Or "Show me some pictures I took in a pool" or "show me pictures of my cat". Both pulled the appropriate pictures. Impressive.

Thanks for sharing this! Looks quite impressive compared to Siri's capabilities.

heutusops

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2013
this thread should be made sticky... there's so much new and informative stuff here, bookmarking it:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.