Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

At today's special iPhone media event, Epic Games announced and demoed Infinity Blade 3, the final entry in its highly successful Infinity Blade trilogy. The game is running on the new OpenGL ES 3.0 standard, which is supported in the new 64-bit A7 chip features in the iPhone 5s.

infinity_blade_3.jpg
Infinity Blade 3 was rumored to be in the works as of last month, with the previous two entries in the series earning various awards and accolades throughout the past few years. Infinity Blade 2 went free in celebration of the App Store's fifth anniversary in July.

Article Link: Epic Games Announces 'Infinity Blade 3', Optimized for iPhone 5s

freedevil

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2007
Dungeons, a whole new game with a real active interactive world was cancelled to create another repetitive game with new backgrounds and arenas. Great!

Gluben

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2008
Nobody cares.

Sorry, I must admit I'm not a gameplayer, so the above statement is wrong and needlessly attention-seeking, but why must these always be shown at an Apple keynote?

singhjeet29

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
Nobody cares.

Sorry, I must admit I'm not a gameplayer, so the above statement is wrong and needlessly attention-seeking, but why must these always be shown at an Apple keynote?

Advertising

Money exchanged hands

Exclusive software

Showing off their graphics chips with real software

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
I wonder if the average consumer will notice a difference in this game when it's not being played on the 5s?

vpro

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2012
Yay!

YAY! On an epic tiny screen no less, YAY! Giddy giggle times!!

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
After the Dungeons fiasco, they still show up in apple keynotes ? Now, that's impressive.

akamu24

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2011
Nobody cares.

Probably because they show off the hardware and make a ton of money.
I know that's a pretty big leap, but just go with it.

Yeah, they should totally make it the size of an iPad Mini.

/s

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010
Nobody cares.

uh, because people *do* care. lots of them. they just arent you.

IB has been one of the best selling and most impressive pieces of mobile gaming, ever. mobile gaming is taking a big bite out of dedicated console machines, whose market is getting flatter...estimated to shrink. mobile devices will likely replace or shift them to small niche products much the way its happening to dedicated point & shoot cameras. not overnight, but its happening...especially as new peripherals come about.

----------

you dont think the ipad will use an A7? i do. it was a great game on my ipad, and this will be too.

Nightarchaon

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
Will this also fail to appear like Infinity Blade dungeons ?

id rather they went back, and released that than another boring swipe the screen randomly to win thing.

Gigaman

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2011

Never heard of an iPad or airplay mirroring? Even with your massive sausages, swiping isn't an issue on a screen of any size. You're welcome to ridicule yourself again via reply though.

vpro

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2012
Never heard of an iPad or airplay mirroring? Even with your massive sausages, swiping isn't an issue on a screen of any size. You're welcome to ridicule yourself again via reply though.

Thank you for your kindness, how thoughtful of you, I hope you have an incredible weekend too. ^_^

Cheers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.