Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Pivvot, a popular strategy game from developer Whitaker Trebella, has been named Apple's App of the Week, which means it can be downloaded for free.

Regularly priced at $2.99, Pivvot is a relatively new game that was released in late July and is described as a "thrilling game of strategic avoidance that will consistently test and challenge your ability to make quick impulsive decisions."

Our sister site Touch Arcade took a look at Pivvot when it was released, calling it a "clever and challenging" game.
The way Pivvot works is you travel along a winding, maze-like track not totally unlike the twisty levels in Groove Coaster. Your actual character, if you can call it that, is a simple circle attached like a ball and chain to a center point that travels along the winding track. The radius from that center point to your circle is like a "safe zone", able to travel right through the stuff on the track that gets in your way.

The name of the game, literally, is to "pivot" your circle around the center point by touching either side of the screen and avoid the various kinds of obstacles that come up along the track.
Pivvot is a universal app and it will be free for a one week period. [Direct Link]

Article Link: 'Pivvot' Named App of the Week, Available for Free

filmantopia

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2010
I've played and enjoyed this game. Berserk mode has taught me a new, deeper definition of the word "difficult".

PorterRocks

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2010
Idaho
I've played and enjoyed this game. Berserk mode has taught me a new, deeper definition of the word "difficult".

There's one called "The Impossible Game" that is the epitome of difficult. I've never beat it.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-impossible-game/id367242040?mt=8

johncarync

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2005
Cary, NC
tumblr_lex05yqh5C1qzvg91o1_500.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.