Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iphone5s.jpg
Apple and Burberry have announced a partnership that will see Burberry using Apple's new iPhone 5s to capture its Spring/Summer 2014 runway show.

The show, which takes place on September 16, will showcase the improved camera capabilities of the iPhone 5s as Burberry uses it to shoot photos and videos of the event.
Apple® and Burberry today announced that iPhone® 5s is being used to capture and share beautiful photos and video before, during and after the Burberry runway show in London on Monday, September 16.

Using the all-new iSight® camera on iPhone 5s, Burberry is shooting high quality photos and video for runway and beauty looks, product details, and backstage moments. The collaboration is reimagining how Burberry engages consumers, paving the way for significant changes in how they capture and share their content.
Apple's iPhone 5s camera offers several improvements over the iPhone 5 camera, including an increased sensor size and an f/2.2 aperture, both of which provide a 33 percent increase in light sensitivity for clearer shots, especially in low-light conditions. The phone also includes a "True Tone" dual-LED flash, built-in image stabilization, and new camera modes.

Teaser video shot with iPhone 5s
Burberry will begin showcasing photos and videos on its social media channels and its website beginning today. The fashion house also plans to broadcast the event on Monday, September 16 at 2:30 PM GMT+1.

Apple's iPhone 5s, which will not be available for pre-order, can be purchased from Apple and several third-party retailers on September 20.

Article Link: Burberry to Shoot Runway Show with Apple's iPhone 5s

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
May 19, 2010
UK
Be interesting to see what sort of shots they get with the iPhone 5S. As they say it's not the camera but rather the person behind it.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Be interesting to see what sort of shots they get with the iPhone 5S. As they say it's not the camera but rather the person behind it.

True, but a person can only do so much to improve the quality of the images/video footage.

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007

Unfortunately they will only end up posting the best of the best pics I'm sure... So while the posted photos and videos may look real good, I'm sure there will be plenty more that we never see.

Jayomat

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2009
Unfortunately they will only end up posting the best of the best pics I'm sure... So while the posted photos and videos may look real good, I'm sure there will be plenty more that we never see.

So? Just because you can take (presumably) great pictures with the 5S, that doesn't mean you cannot take bad ones.

Earendil

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2003
Washington
Possible when you've got all the lighting you could ever wish for at the event.

Quite right. There are photography competitions I've seen where artists are restricted to a disposable camera. The way they understand and play with light is great.

Isn't that the truth of modern photography? When you see any photo online do you assume it was the only one taken of the subject? I don't know why that's "unfortunate", could you explain?

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
So? Just because you can take (presumably) great pictures with the 5S, that doesn't mean you cannot take bad ones.

Completely agree... I take plenty of crappy pictures that I would never show anyone. Guess what I'm trying to say is this is an interesting marketing stunt by Apple. But we'll never know how good this "new" camera is on the iPhone 5s until we, the normal folk, get a chance to test it out in our own real world scenarios.

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
Isn't that the truth of modern photography? When you see any photo online do you assume it was the only one taken of the subject? I don't know why that's "unfortunate", could you explain?

I worded my first post poorly. Again, I'm interested to see what this phone can do in normal folks hands in real world scenarios. Coming from an iPhone 4S like myself, I'm sure it will be a great step up. But I'm looking forward to it being compared to the other better camera phones out there to get a real feel for the performance of it.

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
i'm guessing the former yves saint laurent ceo that got hired by apple has something to do with this.

iSteve-O

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2011
Just like Blue Steel and Magnum, you won't be able to distinguish the 5 from the 5S. :D

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Completely agree... I take plenty of crappy pictures that I would never show anyone. Guess what I'm trying to say is this is an interesting marketing stunt by Apple. But we'll never know how good this "new" camera is on the iPhone 5s until we, the normal folk, get a chance to test it out in our own real world scenarios.

It looks like Apple is confident enough in the upgraded capabilities of the camera on the new iPhone 5s that they would do something like this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.