Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which iPhone 5S would you Buy ?

• 16GB

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • 32GB

Votes: 38 66.7%

• Total voters

hbksabhi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
i know alot of people are pissed apple didnt increase the storage to 32 Standard .
Apple charge ridiculous 100$ for increase but all the potential of iPhone 5S and future games 32 should be the one worth it .
Opinions
And Do you like Gaming on 4" screen ?

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
16 GB for me. I don't game, no YouTube, no movies either. I take a good amount of pictures but I transfer them to my thumb drive soon after. No music either. I have a nice set up at home for that. ;) 16 Gb and the cloud is more than enough.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I opted for the 32gb iPhone 5 last year because of my music library, so if I were to get a new phone this year (I'm not planning on it), I would choose the 32GB version

wombat94

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2010
It all depends on your usage pattern.

I use iTunes match, and have a 32gb iPad Mini for movie/streaming video consumption, so the 16GB phone is fine for me. With PhotoStream, I easily can keep photos managed, have plenty of my music currently downloaded and room for plenty of apps on the phone.

My plan is to replace my 16GB 4S with a 16GB 5s next week.

DIRSGT

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2011
NC
I went with 32GB on my iPhone4s and I am glad I did. I currently have just 1.5GB free. This is mostly because I save my music in a lossless format for fidelity reasons when played on a large system. However, I am debating going 64GB with all the new video features on the new iPhone that will chew-up storage very quickly.

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
i know alot of people are pissed apple didnt increase the storage to 32 Standard .
Apple charge ridiculous 100$ for increase but all the potential of iPhone 5S and future games 32 should be the one worth it .
Opinions
And Do you like Gaming on 4" screen ?

3 generations at the same base storage when nearly all of their competitors offer either more storage or a means to cheaply increase it with cards.

It's completely absurd that Apple is still charging so much, but, with that said, I'll still likely be getting the 32GB. Even if I limit my music and video use, apps continue to get bigger and bigger.

hbksabhi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
3 generations at the same base storage when nearly all of their competitors offer either more storage or a means to cheaply increase it with cards.

It's completely absurd that Apple is still charging so much, but, with that said, I'll still likely be getting the 32GB. Even if I limit my music and video use, apps continue to get bigger and bigger.

apps points is the one im thinking about 32gb .
i would keep aroud 2-3 GB of music there and 2-3gb of Pics and videos
and that leaves me with 7-8 GB of free space from the available 13.2GB .
with amazing graphics games and apps will get bigger .

we get about 28gb free from 32 gig model .

One more question , if u could have one device what will u pick ?
ipad mini retina 32GB or iPhone 5S 32 gb ?

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
iTunes Match and google drive user

I still opted for 32gb to give me more freedom to store more music, perhaps a couple of movies and plenty of space for video and photos. I fine occasionally 16GB starts to get a little tight

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
16 GB is generally ok if you plan on storing hundreds of songs, tens of apps, and a couple of movies at a time.
It really depends on what you use your smartphone for. From what you have stated, 16 GB should be plenty.

Ayemerica

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Atlantis but in space
My phone is basically just my phone. I keep movies and large amount of photos on my iPad. I could get the 32gb or even the 64gb but I don't feel like spending 100 dollars per storage upgrade on something that is mainly used for simple apps and texting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.