Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MeeMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2013
Which 3 channels are currently not on Apple TV that you would watch on Apple TV if they were?

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
Discovery would be cool, and I could actually see a deal being made.
NFL I think will happen sooner or later (my guess is on sooner).

Definitely better channel management, though. At least folders like on iOS.

kemperman

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2009
UK
BBC iPlayer
Sky Anytime
Disney (I know you get it in the USA but hasn't filtered over the pond yet)

thefredelement

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2012
New York
Amazon please for crying out loud. I've been dying to get an Apple TV for the longest time and this is the only thing holding me back.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
I would like Sunday Ticket even though some of the games it won't let you watch.

Wish DirecTV was listed as a provider for ESPN on aTV.

Last isn't a channel but more so a feature, that the aTV could control my satellite box and I could use an Apple interface; something similar to GoogleTV where I didn't have to switch inputs to watch AppleTV content.

My wife and I watch too many channels as it is, if they were all independent channels on aTV we would have a dozen or more rows of apps listed.

Lord Hamsa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2013
1) Food Network

2) NBC Sports Network

3) The above plus existing ones (ESPN, HBO, Disney, etc.) available as subscription without requiring cable/satellite

(And as a true "blue sky", some way to tap into an OTA solution, like streaming from the SiliconDust tuners - once they go native H.264 - or from Elgato's EyeTV)

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
(And as a true "blue sky", some way to tap into an OTA solution, like streaming from the SiliconDust tuners - once they go native H.264 - or from Elgato's EyeTV)

Good one. Having access to OTA HD channels would be a huge plus.

Also, not necessarily a channel, but universal search would be wonderful. Let me tell the AppleTV what I want to watch and have the AppleTV tell me where I can watch it (sorted from free/ least expensive to most expensive).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.