Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
I'll be doing a drive-by Apple Ardmore, PA at about 11pm on the 19th to see what it's looking like. If there are over 15-20 people in line at that time I will park the car and join the line. If it looks scarce at 11pm, I will probably head home for a few hours and show back up somewhere around 3am.

Anyone else going to Ardmore store?

billycuth

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2010
I'll be doing a drive-by Apple Ardmore, PA at about 11pm on the 19th to see what it's looking like. If there are over 15-20 people in line at that time I will park the car and join the line. If it looks scarce at 11pm, I will probably head home for a few hours and show back up somewhere around 3am.

I didn't even know about the Ardmore store. I will be in Philly for the Eagles game. Thinking about asking my wife to drop me off at either the Ardmore store or the KOP mall and then pick me up after...

I don't HAVE to have the thing on launch day, and I have never done it before for a phone... But as a playstation nut I have done it for those (and admittedly for the Wii)....

So, I am not sure yet, but I might!

SharepointGuy

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2011
Rhode Island
I'll swing by the Apple store here in Legacy Place in Dedham, MA around 5 AM and check out the line. If it's super long, i'll head to the AT&T store a few minutes away and check how the line is there.

Hopefully I can get to work by 9 AM if all goes well.

Iphone5preorder

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
I work next Friday but I plan to go in early and walk to the att store 5 minutes away at about 6AM or a little before. If there is a long line, I will order it online. If its only 20 people or so, I will login with my laptop and work from the line via air card. :).

Good luck all

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
God, no. Not for the 5S.

Yeah, I was thinking about just taking my chances on showing up at the store around lunch time. I have the 5, so its not a huge upgrade for me. But I am getting it, and I'd like to have it on the 20th. I've camped out a few times in the past and had a great time. So I decided to give it one more go. Actually pretty excited.

atlatnesiti

Suspended
Sep 4, 2008
Sydney, Australia
"Anyone plan on camping out/getting in line super early for 5S? If so, what store?"

Are you kidding..? No point or need to camp out for iPhone. Just walk into any Apple store on the day of release - launch break and you'll get what you want.

theonekcrow

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Indiana
I am going to a nearby AT&T store on Thursday night after I get off work to see the line. If the line is too long, I will be driving an hour to the Apple Store in Indianapolis.

MacAndMic

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2009
I live in the Philly Burbs, far NW burbs. The most people I've ever seen at my Local AT&T store for a launch was 9 people. Needless to say, I'll roll into the store before lunch and grab mine.

Sorry Pa'ers, I will selfishly not reveal the store til after I get mine. :D

oaktree

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2013
I waited in line for 10 hours for the Iphone 4 for my daughter (I had to accompany her because she was a minor and the account is in my name), and as much fun as that was, I will never do that again. I'm just too old to handle the physical demand.

But...I really want the iPhone 5s on launch day. There's a part of me hoping that I could snag one at the store late in the day, assuming lines have subsided by then, but I really don't think that will be an option. Sigh.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
"Anyone plan on camping out/getting in line super early for 5S? If so, what store?"

Are you kidding..? No point or need to camp out for iPhone. Just walk into any Apple store on the day of release - launch break and you'll get what you want.

Good luck!hope you get one. I have a weird feeling the FP sensor shortage is bigger then we might think. Which is part of the reason there is no pre-ordering (the other being media hype & lines). But I enjoy hanging out. I'll bring a chair, my headphones & iPad and I will just sit back, relax, and enjoy it. They usually send out coffee and donuts early in the morn as well. It's usually a great time.

rmeadejr

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
San Francisco-Twin Peaks
I live in the SF Bay Area, so I have 7 Apple Stores to choose from. I can't decide which one, I will have a better chance at. Any suggestions?

I always preordered and this is the first time I will need to camp out...ugh

SonomaFlyer

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2010
Why anyone would camp out for a phone is beyond me but to each their own. I'll swing by my local Verizon store in the late morning and check things out. I have our Apple store and a couple of other places I can hit at lunch if need be.

If not, who cares? They'll have em back in stock in a week or two. The wife can wait for my IPhone 5 that long lol.

billycuth

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2010
I live in the Philly Burbs, far NW burbs. The most people I've ever seen at my Local AT&T store for a launch was 9 people. Needless to say, I'll roll into the store before lunch and grab mine.

Sorry Pa'ers, I will selfishly not reveal the store til after I get mine. :D

Not many choices out there, so must be Lehigh Valley Mall. Guess I'll head there too...

Phillyfinest89

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2013

I was thinking of going to the Ardmore store instead of the walnut street one.I wonder which one will have the most people in line.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
I was thinking of going to the Ardmore store instead of the walnut street one.I wonder which one will have the most people in line.

Probably equal. Ardmore I think is a better place to line up. More open, more comfortable, quieter & less crazy. Still a lot of people (from past experience), but just a bit less cluttered.

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
I'm curious, if you camp overnight, how do you go to the bathroom? I mean, if you leave the line to take a poop, you will lose your place.

NickG420

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2010
In Wayne Gacey's Basement
I will probably check the delivery online at 3am and if I can have it in a couple of days just order it and be done...

Or...The urge to have it on launch day may be too much to bear and I will have to go searching....Maybe call my friend at the Mall of Ga Apple Store and see if he can "hide" a 16GB Silver for me...Though I am certain he will say "No way"

Tammster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
S Florida USA

I guess it depends on "what you want". Every year I know people that see my phone on launch day and decide they want to get a new one too, and they'll run up to the mall on their lunch break. I don't remember anyone ever having luck. I guess if you want the least popular phone (or the one that happens to be left over after the mad rush) you can always get something. Last time I waited in line in South FL I waited a few hours (I think I got there at 6ish) and soon after the store opened they started walking down the lines asking what people want. Many were really mad because the model they chose was already sold out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.