Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
grabbed metro last light, 60% off so only 20 euro /also 20 dollars. supposed to turn steamplay next week so not installing it until then.

Northwestern

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2011
There will be a Metro Last Light GOTY Edition and I keep waiting for it. ;) But everybody who can't wait, grap it now!

fireedo

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2011
Indonesia
wow, I check today on steam metro last light now available for Mac too....has someone here already buy it and can give us here some review?

what about performance on MBPr or latest iMac?

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
wow, I check today on steam metro last light now available for Mac too....has someone here already buy it and can give us here some review?

what about performance on MBPr or latest iMac?

got it but havent had a chance to try it yet, will try it tonight on 2011 imac.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
It certainly has high system requirements. The recommended configuration is a 680MX GPU and 16 gigs RAM.

fireedo

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2011
Indonesia
ok finally I have time to try this game....with my iMac using GTX675MX and video quality to 5 bars I found that my limit, beyond that it like slow motion :mad:

yes this is a high system req spec game, maybe it need at least GTX680MX to play this game smoothly at native res with high quality video setting

but anyway nice to see such this game on :apple: Mac really enjoy this moment :D

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
ok finally I have time to try this game....with my iMac using GTX675MX and video quality to 5 bars I found that my limit, beyond that it like slow motion :mad:

yes this is a high system req spec game, maybe it need at least GTX680MX to play this game smoothly at native res with high quality video setting

but anyway nice to see such this game on :apple: Mac really enjoy this moment :D

Was that video quality "5 bars" meaning 5 bars out of 10?

Also, what resolution were you playing the game at? I'm curious what settings it takes for it to run smoothly on that system.

fireedo

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2011
Indonesia
Sorry about "bars" yes there is 20 bars so its really minimum that my iMac just can handle 5 bars out of 20 bars

I will test it on my MBPr but my prediction it will slow mo FPS :rolleyes:

UPDATE :
AMAZING with my MBPr Metro LL can run really smooth with video quality 14 bars out of 20 bars at native resolution !!!

So it must be OS X 10.9 DP 7 that cause slow on my iMac because on my MBPr still use the latest stable 10.8.5

so this is really great moments for we as Mac users, so many great games come to Mac based system this year :)

Last edited:

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
Thanks for the info fireedo. I'm going to assume you had your iMac at native resolution for it to require the settings be that low.

Just guessing but it sounds like some sort of decent compromise might be made between turning down resolution and turning up settings to find a happy medium somewhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.