Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
Are reports sent via anonymous form actually read by the staff here?

Just a simple question I'd like to know. And thanks.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA

I'm not sure what you mean by "anonymous form".

Post Reports, Contact Us forms, and PMs all contain the username of the sender, if I understand correctly. So I don't understand what "anonymous form" to which you refer.

Also, it has been my experience that all communications from members to Administration/Moderation teams are read. Post Reports amy or may not be acted upon, depending upon the judgement of the Moderation Team.

All Contact Us forms are read, and in my experience they are all responded to...although it might take a day or two for the sender to receive a response.

I'm sure one or more of the Administration/Moderation team will be along to give you a more authoritative answer to your question...this expresses my experiences.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit

Yes they are read by us. We look at every single report that comes in and act (or not) upon each one before they're closed.

Some are simple and easily handled, others require a bit of discussion before anything is done.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
Yes they are read by us. We look at every single report that comes in and act (or not) upon each one before they're closed.

Some are simple and easily handled, others require a bit of discussion before anything is done.

Thank you.
I asked because I send in my fair share of information/rumours via that method, as you would be well aware of based on your response here. And just wanted to know how they are handled.

----------

I'm not sure what you mean by "anonymous form".

I mean this.

LCwQwzc.jpg

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Thank you.
I asked because I send in my fair share of information/rumours via that method, as you would be well aware of based on your response here. And just wanted to know how they are handled.

----------

I mean this.

Both of those in the screenshot go to the editorial staff.

What I referred to in my other post are the Contact Us form and Post Reports form. Those are read by all of the staff, administrators and moderators.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
Both of those in the screenshot go to the editorial staff.

What I referred to in my other post are the Contact Us form and Post Reports form. Those are read by all of the staff, administrators and moderators.

Thanks. So it seems it's up to the editorial staff to choose to read through them all. I hope they are going through every one sent through there, as otherwise they'd miss out on some good info (by myself and others).

I just want to know am I wasting my time using that form or do the editorial staff actually take into account what is sent to them via that method?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Thanks. So it seems it's up to the editorial staff to choose to read through them all. I hope they are going through every one sent through there, as otherwise they'd miss out on some good info (by myself and others).

I just want to know am I wasting my time using that form or do the editorial staff actually take into account what is sent to them via that method?

No, you aren't wasting your time sending in tips. The editors look at everything coming in and they also have their other sources for information they use as well.

jlgolson

Contributing Editor
Jun 2, 2011
Durango, CO

Yes, everything sent through the tips form gets read.

We get many tips each day and cannot personally reply to everyone, nor write up each story we get tipped to.

Keep sending us notes, though!

the8thark

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
Yes, everything sent through the tips form gets read.

We get many tips each day and cannot personally reply to everyone, nor write up each story we get tipped to.

Keep sending us notes, though!
Will do and thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.