Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pit26

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2013
This is whack

ok.. I get the part about people making servers, but calling Creepers walking dicks? no. Making children not do the American way? The American way is lazy. you are basically saying: "Kids should just sit around all day and do nothing instead of doing work.

Minecraft is not based on reality it is based on the passed just with zombies and skeletons and exploding creatures.

Seriously, I'm a Christian, but I still do not approve of the message.

Nov 28, 2010
located
ok.. I get the part about people making servers, but calling Creepers walking dicks? no. Making children not do the American way? The American way is lazy. you are basically saying: "Kids should just sit around all day and do nothing instead of doing work.

Minecraft is not based on reality it is based on the passed just with zombies and skeletons and exploding creatures.

Seriously, I'm a Christian, but I still do not approve of the message.

You must have read this, haven't you? Or why revive it with a post clearly indicating you have not got the satire part?

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
I skimmed over the first section of this and then down through the headings and that was it. I couldn't be bothered reading ridiculous stuff like this. For me at least, if that was an attempt at humor it falls flat. If not, well I am glad I didn't waste too much time on it. ;)

faustfire

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
California
Whether you choose to believe in it or not, the central message of the Christianity and the Bible is "God loves you, he wants you to love him back, and love your fellow man too." That's it! It's that simple. Yet some groups turn that into all kinds of hate and ire and fire-and-brimstone and Old Testament holier-than-thou yammering, thinking that somehow they can shame or pressure the non-believers into believing. It just doesn't make sense.

Have you read the Bible!?!?!? There is some love in there, but there is a whole lot more hate and violence. I would say the central message of the Bible is "God has really low self esteem and needs his ego stroked continuously, which we must do for him or he will burn us in a lake of fire for eternity."

EDIT: Ugg, just saw that this is a 2 year old thread...shoot me now. Exit stage left.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Shrug, some Christians are. I had a friend who believes Christopher Reeve can't walk because of God's punishment for playing the character of Superman.

If his theory was right, then your friend would be punished with some awful disease. For his presumptions to know God's will, and for his hatred against his neighbour Christopher Reeve.

On the other hand, not all people are Christians who call themselves Christians or even believe they are Christians. Your ex-friend clearly isn't.

DaKKs

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
This is the internet. I'm not surprised by anything anymore. I've come across some serious whackos in my time and some i wouldnt even let out of a padded room, not to mention let loose on the world wide web. Whatever we may think, the horrible fact remains, however unlikely, he could be serious.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.