Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iCloud.png
iCloud.com has received a makeover with new icons and design inspired by iOS 7, after previously rolling out to beta customers back in August. The background wallpaper mirrors the dynamic, slowly changing wallpaper offered in iOS 7 as well.

The site is using new icons for Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Reminders and Find My iPhone; while iWork for iCloud is still using the older-style iWork for iOS icons.

icloudscreenshots.jpg
The apps -- with the exception of iWork -- have all received extensive redesigns as well, using lighter pastel colors and slimmer fonts.

Article Link: iCloud Website Gets iOS 7-Inspired Makeover

WillFisher

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
I like how they use the dynamic wallpaper.

I don't use iCloud.com much, but I have friends who do. It's a nice little touch.

Squid7085

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Apple, please implement the 2-factor authentication on iCloud.com as well!!!!!! :mad:

THIS! I have everything on iCloud, and it by far the least secure of all my services. Even worse, I have 2-factor on my Apple ID, icloud.com is the weakest link making that security worthless. It can't be THAT hard to implement.

With that said, the new interface is absolutely wonderful, it loads so much quicker and just feels so much smoother without all those textures slowing it down. I have been using it since the Beta launched. I can't install anything on my machine at work, so icloud.com just runs in a browser window all day. If only Apple would bring back iDisk...

The Phazer

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
London, UK
That looks pretty nice, but we're still going to get people in the iOS forum claiming that releasing new iCloud apps is coming this week... :confused:

iOrbit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
amazing how much apple is starting to resemble microsoft in the aesthetics area.

Suspended
Sep 20, 2012
United Kingdom
Find My iPhone looks really great on the big screen. Apple Maps and the iOS 7-devices look very cool on my Macbook Pro, can't wait for Mavericks :D

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
It changed just now while I was in the middle of using it. I don't normally use icloud.com, but my MBP is in for service again, and I'm using iCloud mail from a ChromeBook in the mean time. It's pretty slow (far slower than Gmail), but the ChromeBook is a bit slow with graphical things in general. And it's not slower than the previous icloud.com

ninethirty

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
I must be on my own, but I still find the design style of iOS7 to be off putting and unrefined. Not that I preferred the look in iOS6, I didn't - a change was most definitely necessary - I just think Apple missed the mark on this.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Now, if they could carry those designs to their OS X apps before Mavericks is officially released. Even their web apps is much better than the native ones in Mavericks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.