Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

apple_store_app_icon_ios_7_150.jpg
In what is undoubtedly the first of many Apple iOS apps to receive updates for iOS 7 today, the company Apple Store app [Direct Link] has been updated with iOS 7 compatibility, a new icon, and a "refined user interface" more in line with the iOS 7 design aesthetic.

The updated app appears to carry identical functionality to the previous version, although the company has been reported to be planning to push out a new tool within the app next week that will allow customers to check stock levels of the new iPhone models at their local Apple retail stores.

apple_store_app_ios_7.jpg
Update: AirPort Utility [Direct Link] has also been updated with the new iOS 7 look.

Article Link: Apple Updates 'Apple Store' iOS App for iOS 7

efktd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2011
USA
AirPort Utility was also updated. And iBooks, although iBooks still has the skeuomorphism?

Last edited:

Eminemdrdre00

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2008
I got an iBooks update today, but they didn't update the design for iOS 7. Didn't even touch the icon. Weird!

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Wondering how long this will take? Looking forward to having all my icons have similar design aesthetics.....

One of my pet peeves with Android - especially Samsung. Need to find a nice, robust icon set.

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
airport utility updated! can't get the apple store app to update though

----------

I thought the same thing...

----------

I think they probably feel the iPad is good for viewing the full Apple website...but who knows.

agreed, but they should just make it universal. I like the iPhone app experience.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
still... not a universal app.

After they made the changes to store.apple.com to be more "touch friendly," I think Apple wants user to use the site instead of the Apple Store app. I wouldn't count on it being on the iPad ever at this rate.

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
I think they probably feel the iPad is good for viewing the full Apple website...but who knows.

probably the reason but what kind of ecosystem would the ipad offer if everyone thought like that?

amazon does it, imdb does etc etc

airbnb is another one which seems content to only offer an iphone version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.