Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Developer tap tap tap has released Camera+ 4.0, the latest update to its popular photography app. The update features a brand new design that is similar to that of the "flat" design principles found in iOS 7, and also contains new features such as the ability to send photos to apps such as Instagram and Dropbox, as well as AirDrop support and new exposure compensation settings.

camera_plus_4.jpg
We've overhauled the entire Camera+ design and given it a brand new look so it fits-in very nicely with iOS 7.

And we've also added a bunch of new and useful things...
- You can now send your photos to other apps like Instagram, Dropbox, and Evernote.
- Exposure compensation while taking photos: adjust for overly dark or bright lighting situations before you even shoot your photos.
- Printing: wirelessly send your photos to your AirPrint printer.
- Square crop in viewfinder enables you to shoot in the popular format without any extra editing steps.
- AirDrop: send your photos to your friends and family with minimal fuss & muss! (iOS 7 only)
In 2012, Camera+ was named the top-selling non-game app of all time for the iPhone as part of Apple's 25 billion download App Store celebration Camera+ is a $1.99 app for the iPhone and iPad and can be downloaded through the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Camera+ Updated with Brand-New Design and Expanded Sharing Options

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
I usually dont like camera apps, but I'll continue spending money on Camera+, fantastic app.

AAPLGeek

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2009
While app looks better than before, it feels like they missed the point of iOS7 design. Still too much going on.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Funny considering how much taptaptap trash talked iOS7 design when it was launched...

Yes, I think they are being a bit of a hypocrite for trash talking iOS 7 (not constructive criticisms) while updating their app with what amounts to mostly iOS 7 style paint job. At the very least, leave the version number to 3.x or add much needed video recording mode.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Weird. I've received updates to over 20 apps this week, but this one didn't show up. Had to search for it. I suppose eventually it would have appeared.

macs4nw

macrumors 601
Wow…. is everybody and their uncle jumping on the flat 'iOS7' bandwagon? Don't get me wrong, it's great for a consistent user experience; it just seems everywhere you look, other software is being re-written to emulate that breezy, clean, clear, flat look of iOS7.

Way to go Joni, you trendsetter, you…...

roxics

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2013
While I own this app, I've taken it off my phone. The lack of video recording is the major downfall for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.