Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Anyone else having this problem?

When I run the .exe I get a message that "your PC can't run this software" and to please check with the company that provided it to get a compatible version.

booo :mad:

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
I installed it on my PC at home just fine. It is also running Windows 8 Pro 64-bit. Are you sure your OS is 64 bit? That sounds like an error you get when you try to install a 64 bit program on a 32 bit OS.

Blau

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
Redlands, CA
Make sure it fully downloaded. The first x64 version I downloaded was only 352 bytes. The second one was 92.6mb and installed properly. I'm on win7 though, not 8.

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
I installed it on my PC at home just fine. It is also running Windows 8 Pro 64-bit. Are you sure your OS is 64 bit? That sounds like an error you get when you try to install a 64 bit program on a 32 bit OS.
Yeah I'm sure.

I downloaded the 32-bit version here at work so that I could update my office machine, dropped it into dropbox, logged into my home computer via RDP to run it, and was told that I needed the 64-bit version (from the iTunes installer).

Perhaps it's an RDP issue?

----------

Make sure it fully downloaded. The first x64 version I downloaded was only 352 bytes. The second one was 92.6mb and installed properly. I'm on win7 though, not 8.
Yep, that was it!

Guess the servers are (expectedly) wonky :D

DeBilbao

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2008
I've installed iTunes 11.1 64bit without problems in Windows 8 Pro 64bit.

The only glitch so far is related with iTunes Radio: when I click on the link I get a meesage from Windows 8 telling me that it doesn't have an app that can handle "itsradio" links.

Any idea on how to get rid of it?

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.