Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The apps have changed with the interface. It's the full package of the native apps.

These colors are too gimmicky.
Same stuff as was already revealed and all over Apple's web site for 3 months now...nothing new.

3lite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 7, 2011
Same stuff as was already revealed and all over Apple's web site for 3 months now...nothing new.

Too bad they didn't reveal the 2 second delay animation feature. They should give us the option to turn off that animation delay instead of giving us the option of choosing form 5 different color iPhones.

3lite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 7, 2011
And the new search thing is pretty clunky too. I'm use to swiping whatever to switch between screens from left-right now sometimes it thinks I am trying to search and oh god to get out of the search engine is slow as hell too.

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
Too bad they didn't reveal the 2 second delay animation feature. They should give us the option to turn off that animation delay instead of giving us the option of choosing form 5 different color iPhones.

First: Two seconds is a total lie, not anywhere near that slow (less than a second).
Second: They did reveal it day one.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
And the new search thing is pretty clunky too. I'm use to swiping whatever to switch between screens from left-right now sometimes it thinks I am trying to search and oh god to get out of the search engine is slow as hell too.

I get the feeling you're complaining for the sake of complaining now. Takes about a quarter of a second to get out of the search screen.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I agree on that part. Unfortunately, as many multi-page threads in this forum on this topic over the past few months will demonstrate, is that it is the way it is and nothing can be done about it short of Apple doing it in some update (or perhaps a jailbreak tweak doing it if/when a jailbreak would become available). There's really nothing more to it.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I get the feeling you're complaining for the sake of complaining now. Takes about a quarter of a second to get out of the search screen.
All these things do exist, and many many have noticed them and discussed them in many threads here over the past 3 months. That said, not much can be done about any of them unless/until Apple does something in some update (or a jailbreak becomes available).

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
The apps have changed with the interface. It's the full package of the native apps.

These colors are too gimmicky.

How did you not know that these changes were present in iOS7!?!?!?! Did you really upgrade to iOS 7 without knowing anything about it? The new icons were revealed day on June 20th!

----------

All these things do exist, and many many have noticed them and discussed them in many threads here over the past 3 months. That said, not much can be done about any of them unless/until Apple does something in some update (or a jailbreak becomes available).

But he's grossly exaggerating the severity of the problem IMHO.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England

There's a delay when unlocking and even a slight delay when minimising apps, but I'm not seeing anything I'd consider a delay when backing out of the search screen.

I did a search for 'twitter' using spotlight search then I hit 'cancel' and it takes me back to the home screen immediately.

I'm not saying the delay isn't a problem; I'm saying there's no delay :p

CaptainFS

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2012
I agree on that part. Unfortunately, as many multi-page threads in this forum on this topic over the past few months will demonstrate, is that it is the way it is and nothing can be done about it short of Apple doing it in some update (or perhaps a jailbreak tweak doing it if/when a jailbreak would become available). There's really nothing more to it.
Downgrade back to previous iOS. My keyboard sometimes doesn't respond or pops up really slow switching numbers lags as well etc. Ipad3 you know, this really old tabled, the iphone3g of the ipads :D

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
How did you not know that these changes were present in iOS7!?!?!?! Did you really upgrade to iOS 7 without knowing anything about it? The new icons were revealed day on June 20th!

----------

But he's grossly exaggerating the severity of the problem IMHO.
It's noticeably slower for those who use their phone quickly and have been able to do that without issues in previous iOS versions. Again, brought up by many in previous threads about this. Sure, it doesn't really apply to everyone--some don't even really notice the difference, some notice it but don't care, some even like the animations as the looks are more important to them than speed. But the difference is there, and affects some people more than others.

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
There's a delay when unlocking and even a slight delay when minimising apps, but I'm not seeing anything I'd consider a delay when backing out of the search screen.

I did a search for 'twitter' using spotlight search then I hit 'cancel' and it takes me back to the home screen immediately.

I'm not saying the delay isn't a problem; I'm saying there's no delay :p

Agreed. the Animations are over before I'd realistically be able to have done anything anyway. In practical terms it's as fast as iOS 6 IMHO.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Agreed. the Animations are over before I'd realistically be able to have done anything anyway. In practical terms it's as fast as iOS 6 IMHO.
Perhaps for you, but not many others. The other factor that plays into this is that the animations can't be interrupted--you can't even do anything else even if you wanted to until they are done.

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
It's noticeably slower for those who use their phone quickly and have been able to do that without issues in previous iOS versions. Again, brought up by many in previous threads about this. Sure, it doesn't really apply to everyone--some don't even really notice the difference, some notice it but don't care, some even like the animations as the looks are more important to them than speed. But the difference is there, and affects some people more than others.

I agree that the unlock animations could potentially result in a tiny delay in the time it would take a particularly fast users to interact with the screen (not me personally but I can see it hypothetically).

3lite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 7, 2011
Also, I can't swipe to delete anymore on the mail app? Jesus christ man.

R.Stoychev

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2012
I am okay with the update, it is running really smooth and fast, love the new shortcuts !

squirrrl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
San Diego, CA
Lag updating iCloud Settings?

It's taking a long time updating the iCloud Settings. Anyone else have this problem? (5th gen ipod touch)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.